Darkest Desires Part V
Aug 10, 2006 at 9:59 AM Post #1,231 of 2,645
If it had more orchestration and other instruments (such as percussion sections etc) it could sound right out of the Matrix Reloaded soundtrack (terrible movie fücking great soundtrack).

My friend is very envious of you for going to see that acoustic set, he loves Anathema. 5 Euros for three hours sounds like a steal as well, was there many people there ?

Aug 10, 2006 at 6:00 PM Post #1,232 of 2,645
I like this thread.

I've actually been reading it for quite a while. I posted a few of questions about headphones and amps and things under different names a long time ago, but this is the first time I've "shown myself" elsewhere.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for reminding me about Hollenthon, by the way. That album's been on my list of albums to get for ages, but I've never got around to actually buying it.

Aug 10, 2006 at 7:17 PM Post #1,233 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis
My friend is very envious of you for going to see that acoustic set, he loves Anathema. 5 Euros for three hours sounds like a steal as well, was there many people there ?

Those gigs are in very small clubs. This gig was in "Dynamo", which is a mostly an indie rock club built in a very old wooden house. I think there was room for only ~200 people around the stage, and it sure was crowded. I bought my ticket well in advance. There were actually two rows of seats in front of the stage, and I managed to get a seat in the first row, so I watched the entire 3 hour set no more than a few meters away from the stage. It was great to see very closely how he played all of those songs.

Aug 10, 2006 at 7:40 PM Post #1,234 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by Etheric
I like this thread.

I've actually been reading it for quite a while. I posted a few of questions about headphones and amps and things under different names a long time ago, but this is the first time I've "shown myself" elsewhere.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for reminding me about Hollenthon, by the way. That album's been on my list of albums to get for ages, but I've never got around to actually buying it.

Hahah, No problem; Good to see some interest. Do us all a favor and keep posting!
biggrin.gif

We were talking a few pages back about starting a new thread as well with a different name, anyone thought of a name yet ?

I came up with this, this way it's easily identifiable although I'm not sure if it would fit in the thread title name but it fits in the post title name

Dark Metal Discussion (Darkest Desires Part VI)

Aug 10, 2006 at 7:41 PM Post #1,235 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by Etheric
I like this thread.

smily_headphones1.gif

Hails to Etheric
I told you guys with the high ratio of views to posts at 35/1 there has to be some lurkers out there!

Hollenthon
I have two albums by this group, have to dig them up now for another listen, the fact I kept them for permanent collection means they must be good, it has been eons since we first mentioned them here........

Wonder why The End is moving store to NY?
Everything costs more there except incoming import CDs shipping costs from Europe, hope they don't raise prices more.........if only Dark Symphonies had larger inventory, $8 per CD is great deal.

Enverxis
You dog......I have been looking long time for Opeth Morningrise Tshirt XL, have all other Ts from Orchid-Ghost (except Damnation of course)

Aug 10, 2006 at 8:00 PM Post #1,236 of 2,645
The one I got is only an L, and even that will be fairly big on me (as I'm 5'9", skinny).

The End Records order should arrive soon, can't wait =D

Aug 11, 2006 at 2:53 PM Post #1,237 of 2,645
I've been on a bit of a thrash/death metal kick lately. Listening to:

Kaamos- s/t
Repugnant- Epitome of darkness
Nocturnal- Arrival of the Carnivore
Slaughter Lord- Thrash 'til Death
Gospel of Horns- A Call To Arms
Destruction- all
Kreator- early stuff

Aug 11, 2006 at 4:37 PM Post #1,238 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by duff138
I've been on a bit of a thrash/death metal kick lately. Listening to:

Kaamos- s/t
Repugnant- Epitome of darkness
Nocturnal- Arrival of the Carnivore
Slaughter Lord- Thrash 'til Death
Gospel of Horns- A Call To Arms
Destruction- all
Kreator- early stuff

I have some of the cool early Euro thrash albums by:
Kreator (Pleasure To Kill, Terrible Certanty)
Destruction
Sodom (Persecution Mania, Sign of Evil)

But don't listen to them all that much, some of those groups I have not heard of before.

Aug 11, 2006 at 7:25 PM Post #1,239 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis
The one I got is only an L, and even that will be fairly big on me (as I'm 5'9", skinny).

I really need to find a place that sells band shirts that are something other than XL. I'm like 5'7" / 130lbs, and every shirt I find that I want is L or XL :[

Aug 11, 2006 at 8:31 PM Post #1,241 of 2,645
I have been wondering as well, why all the band shirts are L, XL or XXL. This is really a mystery, especially after working one summer in a record store, which also sold bandshirts. We rarely, if ever, got any M sized shirts anywhere, and at least half of the potential buyers asked for M, and were dissapointed as we didn't have any.

Actually one shirt distributor replied that people want their bandshirts to be big and there's really not market for smaller ones. What? How could there be market if there's nothing to sell?

Aug 11, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #1,242 of 2,645
I think it was once that way, in the 90's especially, but the style back then we could probably pass of as "daggy" now hahah.

Aug 11, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #1,243 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacher
I have been wondering as well, why all the band shirts are L, XL or XXL. This is really a mystery, especially after working one summer in a record store, which also sold bandshirts. We rarely, if ever, got any M sized shirts anywhere, and at least half of the potential buyers asked for M, and were dissapointed as we didn't have any.

Actually one shirt distributor replied that people want their bandshirts to be big and there's really not market for smaller ones. What? How could there be market if there's nothing to sell?

I am 6-0 and 180lbs and normally wear a L for polo shirts etc......but for band T-Shirts must be XL for oversize look (like the man told ya)

Aug 12, 2006 at 3:08 AM Post #1,244 of 2,645
I hate wearing oversized tshirts.. they look totally ridiculous on me. I have this enormous Mr. Bungle shirt that I never wear outside the house, lol. The unfortunate thing is that I have the most trouble finding shirts my size from metal bands. I have several shirts that fit just right from a number of non-metal bands that I'm into.. but metal? XL is always the only thing available.

Anyway..

I just received some new stuff -

Madder Mortem - Desiderata
Atrox - Contentum
Atrox - Terrestrials
The Kovenant - Nexus Polaris
After Forever - Remagine
Textures - Drawing Circles
Orphaned Land - Mabool
Ram-Zet - Escape

Aside from the copy protection on Remagine, I'm very satisfied.

Glad to hear you're liking that Aghora disc, Enverxis.. it's great stuff.

Aug 12, 2006 at 8:03 AM Post #1,245 of 2,645
A few great pickups there man, I love both of those Atrox CDs!

Madder Mortem - Desiderata is a good one as well, their most diverse to date.

The After Forever - Remagine ripped fine for me (I used dBpoweramp FLAC converter), i had the SACD version; however my copy of Epica - Consign to Oblivion had problems and last track (the best one on the CD too) wouldnt rip without skipping.
Transmission Records has copy protection on all their discs now, and they even go round to the lyrics websites asking to take their band lyrics down.

Ram-Zet - Escape is very good, less heavy than Intra but longer songs and more melodic moments, some great guitarwork there.

and yeah when I found out that Sean Malone and Sean Reinhart were in Aghora I quickly checked your Rateyourmusic to see if you had it, and you did
biggrin.gif

Damn these guys are good musicians, might have to check out some of their other projects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back