Darkest desires part 2
Dec 2, 2002 at 8:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,066

DanG

Headphoneus Supremus
I just closed the original because it reached 1000 posts.
smily_headphones1.gif
Seems to me it makes more sense for you guys to continue the discussion in a new thread?

Dec 2, 2002 at 3:56 PM Post #3 of 1,066
This has been a very informative as well as expensive thread for me since I have purchased 100+ Cds mentioned in this thread over the last year........my darkest desires are still wanting more however.

Dec 2, 2002 at 9:32 PM Post #5 of 1,066
It's funny how things in life twist and turn. I wouldn't have predicted this when I first encountered the original thread, but since then my musical tastes have, to my surprise, focused in on metal bands with female singers. I've always liked female vocalists, but without some of the information I've uncovered here at Head-Fi, it would have taken me a lot longer to find some of the metal bands whose CD's have entered my collection. Many more to go, though. Isn't the Internet great? Life richer, wallet poorer, head happier
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 3, 2002 at 1:49 AM Post #9 of 1,066
No, I already have all of Iron Maiden's albums, from back when they were 1st release. Number of the Beast was the 1st album I ever brought (well, I picked out, my mommy actually paid for it
redface.gif
I am not that old
wink.gif
) and it was on vinyl! I still have it somewhere in my closet.
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 4, 2002 at 1:01 AM Post #12 of 1,066
It's all about black metal, death metal, gothic music. Music dealing with dark subject matter. Music that can be brutal and savage yet offer visions of dark beauty and serenity.

Dec 4, 2002 at 2:28 AM Post #13 of 1,066
Quote:

Originally posted by ai0tron
Your Mom bought you an Iron Maiden cd called "Number of the Beast when you were too young to buy it??? No wonder your so mal-adjusted.

Look who talking
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

It's all about black metal, death metal, gothic music. Music dealing with dark subject matter. Music that can be brutal and savage yet offer visions of dark beauty and serenity.

And the music can be mellow too, as well as Folk, Classical, Jazz, electronica . The vocals can use Opera, Jazz, Trip-Hop, and Folk style singing in addition to or in place of the usual Death Grunts and Black Screams. The metal that we discussed MOST people never heard of in their lives and prehaps never will, since it's never played on the radios and it's never on MTV, and you will never read an article or review in Rolling Stone. It's as far removed from the mainstream as you can get. Most of the bands have real jobs and they really are only in it for the music. Very few make enough to live off of just their music.

DO NOT mistake our metal with 80's hair bands, wrestling theme songs, or pop nu-metal.

This is the real music in it's purest form.

Dec 4, 2002 at 6:36 AM Post #14 of 1,066
Quote:

Originally posted by ai0tron
Your Mom bought you an Iron Maiden cd called "Number of the Beast when you were too young to buy it??? No wonder your so mal-adjusted.

I got Seventh Son of a Seventh son when I was younger than ten.

Dec 4, 2002 at 8:18 PM Post #15 of 1,066
I am old enough to have bought the first Venom, Slayer, Metallica etc when they were initially released in early 1980's (and since I didn't live at home my parents weren't consulted)

However like a blind fool stumbling down the path of mindless mediocraty I did not acquire many groups mentioned in this thread (COF, Dimmu, Opeth, Therion etc) until recently. Didn't realize what I was missing, heh heh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back