Dark Souls!
May 28, 2012 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 299

mechanical

New Head-Fier
I realize this is my first post but that's okay. Dark Souls is worth it. It also helps explain my avatar. (Mask of the Father. Wooo)

Anyway, are there any other masochists out there getting their faces kicked in by this game? I recently started playing it again and now know why I was feeling so empty - I wasn't getting my face owned anymore.

Share you Dark Souls experiences here! Or Demon Souls, Dark Souls twisted but maniacal brother.

Jun 5, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #2 of 299
I played it quite a bit after release but have since sold my console. I plan on buying the PC release day one though. Fantastic game. Once you get the rhythm down it's not all that hard...except certain bosses.

Jun 6, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #3 of 299
I, at last, beat the game for the first time this week. I'm on new game plus and enjoying it even more. Man Gwyn was really a tough final boss!!! I was a HUGE Demon's Souls fan and played it over and over... this game undoubtedly is leaps and bounds better, and holy cow this game has awesome atmosphere in abundance.

I don't play games that much anymore but this one has been a real treat. I now look at video games in a new light, one that is called Dark Souls and every other game that isn't.

Jun 17, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #5 of 299
Dark Souls is coming to the PC on the 24th of august, right now it is listed as coming soon on steam, though not available for pre-order yet.  With all the great things I've heard about this game, I really can't wait to play it...  I'm just hoping that it will be a quality port unlike so many other console to pc titles. 

Looking great!

Jul 5, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #6 of 299
Oh man. Dark Souls experience...

So I kept hearing how people said Dark Souls was ridiculously hard. I start the game... and reach Firelink (okay so far). They talk about the two bells, one above and one below. For some reason I only saw two paths that time: Cemetery and New Londo.

Tried so hard on either places and GOSH I surely did say to myself that this game is SO FREAKIN HARD.
Then in all the despair my brother walks by and asks me why I don't go up the cliff-side to the bridge. Only then I saw the other path that is to the Undead Burg LOL

Still hard, but definitely wasn't as hard as going either to the cemetery or new londo first thing after reaching firelink.

Jul 7, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #8 of 299
Delays usually don't change prices unfortunately. I could easily see a full priced game because of the added (and exclusive at first) content they include.

I'll be getting it no matter what. Amazing game.

Quote:
Has Namco-Bandai said what the price will be for the PC version yet?  I would hope it's not a full pricer since it's a delayed release - either way I'll have to get this.

Aug 3, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #10 of 299
Preordered it from http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dark-Souls-Prepare-Die-Edition/dp/B007X1458W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343977652&sr=8-1
I feel this game is much superior to Skyrim - atmosphere, art, gameplay, combat mechanics - just another level of experience.

Aug 3, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #11 of 299
Going through the cemetary as soon as you hit firelink... dear god... 
devil_face.gif
  Yeah, Dark Souls and Demon Souls are the only games I've played where I can go into an area I beat with little issue when I was 10 levels lower and still get my ass handed to me if I make just one dumb mistake.  Love it.  
dt880smile.png

Quote:
Oh man. Dark Souls experience...

So I kept hearing how people said Dark Souls was ridiculously hard. I start the game... and reach Firelink (okay so far). They talk about the two bells, one above and one below. For some reason I only saw two paths that time: Cemetery and New Londo.

Tried so hard on either places and GOSH I surely did say to myself that this game is SO FREAKIN HARD.
Then in all the despair my brother walks by and asks me why I don't go up the cliff-side to the bridge. Only then I saw the other path that is to the Undead Burg LOL

Still hard, but definitely wasn't as hard as going either to the cemetery or new londo first thing after reaching firelink.

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #14 of 299
Ok come on guys... anyone else loving the crap out of the new content? I had to summon two other guys to even beat Knight Artorias. Yikes and my character was level 148 and I considered him to be quite good
eek.gif
  But then again I was just anxious to get past him and never really figured out his weakness or patterns...

Nov 2, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #15 of 299
I've played the dlc off and on for the past couple months on pc.  Artorias was very tricky until I just realized I could hit him enough to never allow him to power up.  I was level 52 and used lightning claymore 2h.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back