Dark Souls!
Mar 7, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #226 of 299
I must have about 300 hours into it at least.
That's a record possible for any video game.
Only game getting that many hours is Fallout 3 and Final Fantasy XI (online).

You've clearly never been lured by the siren's song that is Football Manager. These are my times on those, with many of the previous iterations (not pictured) that I spent longer on which pre-dated the hours being clocked.

9939768_l.jpg

Mar 7, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #227 of 299
You've clearly never been lured by the siren's song that is Football Manager. These are my times on those, with many of the previous iterations (not pictured) that I spent longer on which pre-dated the hours being clocked.

9939768_l.jpg
LOL That's nothing. When Diablo 3 came out I spent about 100 hours on it and gave the account to my father. He moved on to Path of Exile this year but he has 12000+ hours on D3

Aug 11, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #231 of 299
I miss PvP in the square within Undead Burg on the PS3.

How did I never know there was a Dark Souls thread.

Many sweaty-palmed nights were spent doing battle there. What a classic.

Aug 11, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #232 of 299
Okay, I have a PVP story. No one will probably read this thread for months, but whatever.

My main PVP build used the Large Club and the Grass Crest Shield, Mask of the Mother, min-maxed for damage and health. I loved it, tons of fun bashing people and poisoning them.

I am trying to invade for some Undead Burg PVP and keep ending up in the same room, where I am immediately double-teamed and killed. Now, these two were not playing the campaign, they were waiting for PVPers to come in, then gang up on them for pleasure. So dishonorable. No bow of acknowledgement, nothing. This happened maybe four or five times in a row. Considering I was looking for some honest competition, I was starting to get PO'd.

The player whose game it was (not summoned) was spamming R1 with the Dark Silver Tracer while his friend kept rounding for back stabs. I invaded once again, this time with a plan......

As I entered their game, I immediately ran across the bridge in the Burg where the dudes are throwing firebombs so as to take them single file. Some back and forth dancing went on with Silver Tracer guy. Then before our next exchange, I pretended to go AFK.....

He tested it a few times with a quick stab-stab, and I just stood there and tanked the damage, lulling him into a false sense of security, thinking I had walked away from the game.....

It worked, feeling confident my character was left there to die, he resumed his mindless R1 spamming as I tanked the hits, standing motionless. Then all of the sudden, BOOOOOM PARRY FOR A OHKO, FACE SMASHED, ON HIS KNEES WHILE HIS FRIEND LOOKED ON HELPLESSLY.

I spammed the shrug gesture over and over to him and his friend as I faded away, so satisfied having ruined their scheme.

The End.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #234 of 299
Sounds like most DS1 PvP in a nutshell.
At least there was less ganking than DS3.

Yeah, it has all the main parts, the ganking, back stabs, gesture spamming.

DS1 PVP was not perfect, but it was all we had at the time. Roll backstabbing was pretty broken.

I was really into Bloodborne PVP, never really got into DS3 PVP.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #235 of 299
Yeah, it has all the main parts, the ganking, back stabs, gesture spamming.

DS1 PVP was not perfect, but it was all we had at the time. Roll backstabbing was pretty broken.

I was really into Bloodborne PVP, never really got into DS3 PVP.

I was a big fan of DS2 PvP, and DS1 was played pretty much exclusively offline. As janky DS2 lore and map design was, I loved the fashion souls, parry timing, and more methodical mechanics.

Was never able to play BB much, but I just finished Sekiro recently and it’s a solid Fromsoft title. Lack of PvP really does suck tho.

Aug 11, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #236 of 299
I was a big fan of DS2 PvP, and DS1 was played pretty much exclusively offline. As janky DS2 lore and map design was, I loved the fashion souls, parry timing, and more methodical mechanics.

Was never able to play BB much, but I just finished Sekiro recently and it’s a solid Fromsoft title. Lack of PvP really does suck tho.

Bloodborne is an absolute masterpiece in my opinion, I platinumed it. I actually think it is my favorite From game. Sekiro is great, but I have not beat it yet. I was partway through, then didn't have time to play because of life stuff. Now the idea of picking it back up is so intimidating! The action can be short, but your adrenaline goes from 0-60 instantly.

I know it will never happen, but I wish they would release Bloodborne on PC.

Aug 27, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #237 of 299
I seriously don't think i'll ever get sick of Dark Souls 2.
I checked my characters and I'm probably up to 500 hours now maybe.
I always seem to just get to the end and then start over because it's so much fun and not too difficult.
I think it's in my top 5 favorite games list (even the Vanilla version).

I'm a casual player and these days I can probably get halfway through the game without dying. Not impressive I know.
There are a few areas I still find difficult.
One of the areas I have problems with is the walk up to the Executioner's Chariot. I also don't think I do very well against that boss.
I always skip him.

The only part that makes me want to stop playing is the Gutter areas (drop down the well). Not hard, just annoying.

Shrine of Amana is terrible too, but at least the boss is easy.

Iron Keep can be somewhat hard at times because of my lack of patience. I can't stand all those ranged enemies trying to kill me.

Don't laugh, but the Guardian Dragon has killed me the most times.
He's stupid easy, but somehow I always get murdered by his flames. Normally I just spam my attack button and he's dead.

PS I mentioned this before, but I think Dark Souls 1 has harder levels, but DS3 has the hardest bosses (at least towards the end).
I still can't consistently kill Dancer of the Boreal Valley. I always wait to i'm level 70 (!!).

I think I need to try harder to ALWAYS stay behind her!
Final boss took me a long time to beat too. I think it was the spear phase that gave me problems.
First playthrough took me easily 20 tries or more. Second time through maybe 5.

You know those Twin Princess? One night I died like 10 times in a row and wanted to quit the game.
Next day I went slower and attacked less and got them on the 1st try EASILY.
I guess attacking them 3 times in a row with a mace is a good way to die faster.

PS I'm terrible at Bloodborne and found it to be the hardest game in the series by far.
I gave up on the last level because I felt I wasn't doing enough damage and lost interest.

Aug 27, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #238 of 299
All dark Soul fans, what you guys/girls think about Sekiro?

Aug 27, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #239 of 299

Users who are viewing this thread

Back