Dark Souls!
Aug 22, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #196 of 299
I SUCKED at Dark souls 1. I was a lot better at Dark Souls 2, but maybe it was because I understood the mechanics more? Dark Souls 2 is too dang good... I'm so excited for whenever the next installment is. Bloodborne was really good, but I am more in the mood for another Dark Souls.

Dark Souls 2 is considered the easiest in the series and I definitely agree.
For those new to the series it could still be extremely difficult.

I actually played Dark Souls 2 a few years ago and got frustrated and quit at the Ruin Sentinals. Turns out that I just didn't level the correct stats. For example, my HP was way to low.
Dark Souls 2 has a few hard parts and seems the hardest at the very beginning of the game.

I remember going to Heide's Tower of Flame with a 1 handed Longsword and it took me FOREVER to finish the area.

Dark Souls 2 is now one of my top 5 favorite games and i've played through it about 3 times now.
It's a lot more fun than Dark Souls 1 and easier to level up.

I also played Scholar of the First Sin and the Vanilla version. Turns out the remake is actually easier most of the game.
I can't think of any area that is actually harder. One reason it's easier is that you can upgrade your weapons a lot faster too.

PS I find Dark Souls not much fun and really slow.
It seems most people want to stop playing after Anor Londo.
The remaining levels are really not very good (Does anyone actually like "Tomb of Giants"? Not me).

Dark Souls 3 is also good, but some of the later bosses IMO are harder than anything in Dark Souls 1.

Aug 22, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #197 of 299
Dark Souls 2 is considered the easiest in the series and I definitely agree.
For those new to the series it could still be extremely difficult.

I actually played Dark Souls 2 a few years ago and got frustrated and quit at the Ruin Sentinals. Turns out that I just didn't level the correct stats. For example, my HP was way to low.
Dark Souls 2 has a few hard parts and seems the hardest at the very beginning of the game.

I remember going to Heide's Tower of Flame with a 1 handed Longsword and it took me FOREVER to finish the area.

Dark Souls 2 is now one of my top 5 favorite games and i've played through it about 3 times now.
It's a lot more fun than Dark Souls 1 and easier to level up.

I also played Scholar of the First Sin and the Vanilla version. Turns out the remake is actually easier most of the game.
I can't think of any area that is actually harder. One reason it's easier is that you can upgrade your weapons a lot faster too.

PS I find Dark Souls not much fun and really slow.
It seems most people want to stop playing after Anor Londo.
The remaining levels are really not very good (Does anyone actually like "Tomb of Giants"? Not me).

Dark Souls 3 is also good, but some of the later bosses IMO are harder than anything in Dark Souls 1.
I feel like how you level up is half the battle. You could be a high number but if the specific stats don’t jive you could be wasting a ton of time.... the dark souls series really rewards you for thinking, being patient and remembering what weaknesses are. When you get good, you feel so great for outsmarting everyone ha

Aug 31, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #198 of 299
Dark Souls 2 has a truckload of problems... check out Matthewmatosis on YouTube. He gives an incredibly detailed analysis.

I really didn’t like Dark Souls 2 but I couldn’t really figure out why... this guy nails it.

Next game seems unlike anything in DS or BB, so I’m hyped!

Sep 5, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #200 of 299
I’m excited that Sekiro will have that vertical level design, but I’m nervous that it’ll end up feeling too tacky.
I enjoyed DS1 and DS2, but DS3 world design was the most unappealing for me out of the three.
I hope Sekiro will go back to DS1 like world design with multiple choices of “roads” to take at several points throughout the game.
Either way I trust Miyazaki to deliver a great game!

Oct 16, 2018 at 5:01 AM Post #201 of 299
There was a separate team working on DS2, and you can tell when you play. It feels like a game trying to be Dark Souls rather than just being a Dark Souls game in my opinion.

I'm super stoked for Sekiro though. I've been playing the series since Demon's Souls. I hope that they bring back the fast paced combat of Bloodborne. I think BB had the most exciting combat in the series

Oct 16, 2018 at 6:40 AM Post #202 of 299
There was a separate team working on DS2, and you can tell when you play. It feels like a game trying to be Dark Souls rather than just being a Dark Souls game in my opinion.

I'm super stoked for Sekiro though. I've been playing the series since Demon's Souls. I hope that they bring back the fast paced combat of Bloodborne. I think BB had the most exciting combat in the series
Yeah, DS2 was way too derivative for me. It's like they lacked any imagination and just reskinned the DS1 enemies, especially the bosses. Though I have to admit that the weapon selection and the stance system greatly improved the gameplay variety - that's why to date I still prefer the DS2's pvp - I've spent hundreds of hours on the iron keep bridge.

Oct 16, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #203 of 299
DS2 has so many problems. The PvP matching system based on total Souls collected required them to make enemies unfarmable, thus requiring all upgrade items to be eventually available at merchants (who cannot leave or die for story reasons, significantly making them less compelling than Dark Souls NPCs).They added a stat that changes how your character handles, meaning consistency is thrown out the window. Enemies that track you mid-swing means you cannot predict trajectory. Couple with the need to upgrade your roll and you have clunky-ass combat. The way locations are connected makes no sense. The pirate cove should be below sea level according to its adjacent zone. You go underground then suddenly are traversing cliffs at extremely high altitudes. Dark Souls was dark and brutal. Its difficulty was for the sake of forcing you to pay attention. Dark Souls 2 tries so hard to convince you how hard it is. Its difficulty was for the sake of being hard. Etc.

Sorry guys, rant over. I still played through all of Dark Souls 2, so it’s not like it’s a horrible game. Just whining, mostly haha.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #205 of 299
This game is kicking my ass. Spent about an hour farming shards and grinding 3500 souls around the high wall of lothric only to die, then fall down an elevator shaft on my way back to collect them.

tenor.gif

Nov 10, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #206 of 299
I started with DS2, big pause in between..and then finished it. Got DS3 for PS4 and got pissed at the second boss already, again a big pause. Then i got it for PC with DLC and finished it, guess the dancer and NK took me about 2-3 hours alone, god i hated them both so much. Sister Friede was one of the best boss fights ever for me, also took some tries, but not as much as dancer / NK. Last boss in DLC took about 5-6 tries to my surprise. Next will be DS1 Remastered.

Feb 18, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #207 of 299
platinumed in this order

demon's souls

bloodborne

dark souls 3

dark souls 2

never got the plat for dark souls 1

order of best pvp

demon's souls

dark soul 1

dark souls 3

bloodborne

dark souls 2

order of best pve

bloodborne

dark souls 3

dark souls

demon's souls

dark souls 2

order of difficulty

bloodborne

dark souls

demon's souls

dark souls 2

dark souls 3

order of overall hours played

demon's souls

dark souls

dark souls 2

bloodborne

dark souls 3

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #208 of 299
It is better to spend time leveling then going into areas under-leveled. In the end i believe it saves time.

Imo, hp is the most important stat to level first and you cannot go wrong doing so.

Feb 20, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #209 of 299
Nonsense! The most important stat that I always level up first is endurance. Raising your hp implies that you intend to get hit, which is directly against the idea of the Git gud principle - you should get hit as little as possible. And having more stamina to dodge (or absorb hits with your shield if one is still in the noob phase) is the essence of this mantra. I usually start investing points in vitality in NG+ and above. And the best PVP is in DS2 by a mile if you take into account the way more diverse options the stances and combinations of weapons give you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back