Dark Side of the Moon versions?
Oct 12, 2006 at 9:05 AM Post #16 of 19
Ahh glad I stumbled onto this thread, I'm a brand new Pink Floyd fan now that I inherited (for safe-keeping) my uncle's cd collection. I was stoked to find he had the MFSL Gold editions of Dark Side Of The Moon, The Wall, and Wish You Were Here
280smile.gif
280smile.gif

As far as the MFSL versions are concerned they are eargasm worthy, except for DSOTM (for me at least). It seems that on my version there is some static in a few places, almost as though I could here the tape running through the recording equipment, remember those old cassettes and the noises they occasionally made?. I haven't had this problem present in the other MFSL CDs OR my Dad's 1990 DSOTM edition (black cover w/ words). The 1990 Edition is decent in my opinion, no idea about the 20th edition, but stay away from the 30th edition (yuck, its hot).

These Guys swear by the MFSL

On a side note, I have encoded The Wall on ogg q1 (for my portable), and the sound quality of those highly compressed files simply put most of my latest cd purchase to shame. Example Pink Floyd - The Wall (part 2) @ ogg -Q1 > Goo Goo Dolls - Give a Little Bit flac. It just isn't even funny how much better it sounds.

Viva la older music, and hail those wonderful MFSL masterpieces!

Jun 21, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #19 of 19
How about this one? Released probably between 1984-85? I also own two remasters - 1993 & '94.

IMG_5174.JPG

Good look at inner matrix: (This particular matrix does not appear in any version listed on Discogs)
IMG_5175.JPG

Mainstream U.S. CD issue?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back