"Dark Knight" Redux?
Apr 22, 2010 at 3:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

WayTooCrazy

Headphoneus Supremus
Ok then, I'm actually looking at purchasing another AD700 set of headphones to do a similar mod. The execution most likely will be the same (removable cable, removable microphone). If you have any suggestion on where to source a better female/male 4 pole adapters would be nice. I used KVConnection and they were a little pricey (plus not a fan of the gray used on the female 4 pole). As far as looks are concerned... I'm thinking of doing a Camouflage motif. I'm thinking either the sand or arctic version of the camo (leaning towards arctic). Any other suggestions or ideas... please... toss them forward.

Also, the cable used was Mogami W2893. It is smaller than the one I wanted to use (Mogami W2534), but in the end... it seemed to be the best choice, as the headphone cable is fairly light, quite flexible, and is still able to pass through the headband with a little help). Any suggestions there also would help.

Apr 22, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #2 of 27
Camo_Patterns_1_by_TwinEnigma.jpg

Second one from the bottom left. That would look pretty fly.

Apr 23, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #3 of 27
All I have to say, is that I think that if you're going to do a camouflage pattern, you should limit it to the grating on the sides. Whatever the case, remember: you can always repaint it.

Apr 23, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #7 of 27
Ok, I tried a few different looks.... Let me know if you guys like any of them...
blackframe.jpg
arcticcamo.jpg
Camo1.jpg

The normal camo color looks 'opaque'... only 'cause I did that one first and didn't change opacity... ignore that part.

Apr 24, 2010 at 2:41 AM Post #12 of 27
You have talent and dedication. You should join MOTT and custom mod headphones and cables. There is a market for it. Hopefully you can fullfill my custom recable request. Take pics so others can see your work. After a while you will gain the trust of the community. Word of mouth is a strong thing. I just think you could supplement your income doing something you have a passion for. More importantly, it shows in your work, and in essence is a reflection of you. Please consider it. Just a gut feeling.

Apr 24, 2010 at 3:03 AM Post #13 of 27
It's definitely a labor of love for him. Kinda how I feel when I go over people's homes and adjust their pic settings on their HDTV's.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 24, 2010 at 3:13 AM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have talent and dedication. You should join MOTT and custom mod headphones and cables. There is a market for it. Hopefully you can fullfill my custom recable request. Take pics so others can see your work. After a while you will gain the trust of the community. Word of mouth is a strong thing. I just think you could supplement your income doing something you have a passion for. More importantly, it shows in your work, and in essence is a reflection of you. Please consider it. Just a gut feeling.

What is MOTT? Isn't that an Applesauce?
atsmile.gif

Apr 24, 2010 at 3:14 AM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's definitely a labor of love for him. Kinda how I feel when I go over people's homes and adjust their pic settings on their HDTV's.
smily_headphones1.gif

Don't try adjusting mine... the lack of Gloss might throw you for a loop!
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back