1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Darin Fong's "Out Of Your Head" not compatible with Mac OS Mojave

Discussion in 'Sound Science' started by glorkaglickflic, Oct 10, 2018.
  1. glorkaglickflic
    I've had direct contact with Darin on September 26th via e-mail. He told me there were compatibility issues with the new Mac OS, and that he would contact me if and when the issue had been resolved. Is there anyone else having this issue, and if so, are there any recommended alternatives for a virtual system that are as cost effective as Darin's system?

2. castleofargh Contributor
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/out-of-your-head-new-virtual-surround-simulator.689299/page-70 seems like it's simply not compatible and not soon to be solved.
    there is nothing quite like OOYH in the market, there is better but way more expensive, and then there is cheaper but not really doing the same at all. on the top of my head you might want to look up getting an Audeze Mobius. you lose some, you gain head tracking. obviously if you wish to stick to your headphone, this isn't the answer.
    you could try the Waves' software which is a portion of the Mobius bundle https://www.waves.com/plugins/nx this is software alone, they also sell a Bluetooth headtracker you put on your headphone, but IMO it's crap(I have one it sort of works on my cellphone if I move slowly, while I can't get it to work on any of my computers where it asks for firmware update to connect, but can't update without first connecting... genius backward compatibility). so you'd probably be better served with a nice webcam, although it requires a well lit room for best performance, and it consumes a fair portion of CPU for real time tracking. note that it's a very crude idea of a room, basically you place the speakers and for the "room" you increase or decrease the amount of reverb. so it's not going to give you the room you loved in OOYH. but maybe the head tracking will bring to you something that you didn't knew you needed, and it may make up for the basic room(same idea with the Mobius).
    you might also want to read about Super X-Fi which looks pretty promising for a cheap solution.