DAP's that run on regular AA batteries?
Mar 18, 2006 at 11:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

redshifter

High Fidelity Gentility• redrum....I mean redshifter• Pee-pee. Hoo-hoo.• I ♥ Garfield
i've had it with my iaudio m3. the battery now only lasts for about one or two albums!! What? what a huge ripoff. i'm done with it.

can someone provide a list of dap's that run on aa or similar removable and replaceable batteries? old or new, i don't care.

Mar 18, 2006 at 11:43 PM Post #2 of 20
creative muvo mix/nx/tx/tx fm/micro n200
creative zen nano plus
samsung yepp
sandisk
iriver

these run on AAA batteries

the muvo is pretty good sounding and battery life on one AAA is good, haven't used the others

Mar 19, 2006 at 12:00 AM Post #3 of 20
The iAudio G3 and G2 run on AA batteries. They're supposed to have excellent battery consumption "mileage," and they'll have excellent sound. (Don't let your experience with the hard-drive Cowon player scare you off of their flash players.)

Check for iRivers that run on AA's, as well.

Mar 19, 2006 at 12:11 AM Post #4 of 20
i should have noted a true line out is needed, via cable or dock, i don't care. thanks.

so it seems it is mostly flash players that run on aaa batteries. i need something 20+ gigs. sorry, i was pissed and didn't supply details.

Mar 19, 2006 at 1:50 AM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
The iPod with the Belkin power pack can run on AA batteries. First-Gen Nomads worked off rechargeable AA's, as did Archos.

cool, thanks.

Mar 19, 2006 at 2:22 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
There's a seller on Ebay with M3 AAx4 packs for just under 10 bucks. Gonna be bulky though.

thanks gshan!

Mar 19, 2006 at 3:19 AM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk
Isnt there a 3rd party battery replacement for the m3's?

i would prefer a replaceable solution. i emailed the chap selling the external pack if he makes a right-angle version. i just don't have space in my lowepro bag for a straight connecter.

i have tried in the past to make a battery pack for my d777 sony pcdp. i got the plugs and wiring correct, but the mAmp and voltage were off. can someone give me insite on how to convert 2 aa cells to a specific amp and voltage?

Mar 19, 2006 at 3:31 AM Post #11 of 20
How about an Archos Jukebox Recorder 20GB player. It works on 4AA rechargeable batteries. It weighs in at just under 1lb and has digital and analog line in.

smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by PouncePony
How about an Archos Jukebox Recorder 20GB player. It works on 4AA rechargeable batteries. It weighs in at just under 1lb and has digital and analog line in.

smily_headphones1.gif

and a line out? cheers

Mar 19, 2006 at 4:35 AM Post #13 of 20
I have an Archos 6000, has 6 gigs of music, uses 4 AA's, BUT..the thing constantly freezes. Its frustrating. Even with the newest Rockbox its still friggin freezes. I have to reboot it in order to play. Even then, it freezes again.

I don't trust Archos or ANY of its products because of this crap.

Mar 19, 2006 at 7:22 PM Post #14 of 20
i have the opportunity to get an iriver h120 with rockbox. what is the battery situation with this player?

Mar 19, 2006 at 7:31 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
i have the opportunity to get an iriver h120 with rockbox. what is the battery situation with this player?

I dunno, but I've seen replacement batteries on ebay so it should be easy to repace the battery when it goes whack on you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back