DAPReview: TrekStor vibez flash up to 32 GB
Oct 12, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #76 of 104
nice forum
beerchug.gif

i'm very much interested too but 125 € sounds to good to be true
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #77 of 104
Still no word on B&H Photo or J&R.com in the US, nothing on Amazon either.

Oct 13, 2008 at 7:09 AM Post #78 of 104
Going to subscribe to this thread! Sounds really interesting.

Dec 3, 2008 at 12:23 PM Post #80 of 104
You can pre-order the 8 and 16, but they're still not in stock anywhere and probably won't be in time for Christmas.

The 32 is vaporware.

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #81 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by RubenNYC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can pre-order the 8 and 16, but they're still not in stock anywhere and probably won't be in time for Christmas.

The 32 is vaporware.

Hey Ruben- sorry if I missed it somewhere, but are the new Vibez all flash now? The specs on the Trekstor site doesn't say whether they're microdrive, or flash. And no word on the 32gb one yet? Are folks basically giving up on it as vaporware for sure?

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #82 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Ruben- sorry if I missed it somewhere, but are the new Vibez all flash now? The specs on the Trekstor site doesn't say whether they're microdrive, or flash. And no word on the 32gb one yet? Are folks basically giving up on it as vaporware for sure?

If most of us have silently waited for the Westone 3's? Ya think?
tongue.gif

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #83 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If most of us have silently waited for the Westone 3's? Ya think?
tongue.gif

At least I can personally attest to them not being vaporware- I have them in my ears right now, at work!
biggrin.gif

Dec 4, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #84 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, all new vibez going forward are flash only. The vendor they had been using for their microdrives closed their doors back in May 2007.

I don't have a good sense of what most folks are believing now. Speaking only for myself, and based mainly on past history and a little bit of conjecture, I expect to see the 8 and 16 GB ones finally arrive in mid-January (TrekStor's press release promised these to be available over two months ago.)

There is no ETA so far on the 32. I'm just hoping my original 12 GB keeps running strong until the 32 becomes a reality.

Dec 4, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #87 of 104
Ruben-
Thanks for the info! I'll keep a watch out for the 32G one. But if Sony releases a 32G player soon, I'll just have to snap that up- I really like the Sony's sound (I'm rocking the 16G A829 right now, since my 12G Vibez died a while back).

Dec 4, 2008 at 4:28 AM Post #89 of 104
Different type of player, DJGeorgeT. If you're a gotta-watch-my-videos-on-the-move sort of person, this obviously isn't the player to consider. But as far as audio features go, the Vibez is unsurpassed. Its sound quality and GUI are right near the top, too. Many of us (especially the Rio devotees/nostalgists among us) consider that worth the price tag -- considering, of course, the 32GB vaporware ever materializes into something tangible.

Dec 4, 2008 at 5:20 AM Post #90 of 104
I have a sansa fuze and it sounds better than most players I have owned including the Rio Karma, Carbon, Chibi, etc. I will have to hear the Vibez to believe it. My understanding is that the vibez is not a rio karma and does not sound like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back