DAPReview: TrekStor vibez flash up to 32 GB
Sep 1, 2008 at 11:39 AM Post #61 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how good is the FM tuner on the Vibez

I'd like to know about the FM tuner, quality, reception.....

The new flash models will have the same external card FM or built-in?
RDS will be awasome!!!

These new models are really cheap, my question is if it will have the same quality and most important the same sound quality than the older models?

Sep 1, 2008 at 11:44 AM Post #62 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by dacari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like to know about the FM tuner, quality, reception.....

The new flash models will have the same external card FM or built-in?
RDS will be awasome!!!

These new models are really cheap, my question is if it will have the same quality and most important the same sound quality than the older models?

yea, the fm will definately be a plus, but cmon, i want a sd card slot so hat i can have 64gb. maybe next year...
as for the quality, i doubt they have changed. it looks like there is nothing changed except for flash instead of HD, and thats about it. so the quality will probably improve, due to the flash.

Sep 1, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #63 of 104
Can anyone comment on the Vibez SQ compared to the Sony players, namely NWZ-A818, as I have that player and I'm not very impressed with the sound. It's not detailed, especially in the highs. Cymbals just doesn't sound right. It's more like high freq. noise than actual harmonics. And also human voice sounds quite distant due to lack of detail. However all RMAA tests came out A++. Go figure.
rolleyes.gif

Sep 2, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #65 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by RubenNYC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't really know about the FM tuner card. I've read mixed results.

Unless I go Zune 120, I doubt it though, I'm gonna' get the Vibez 32gb F and put the FM tuner card in. Thanks for all the input Ruben, much appreciated!!!
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #66 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by RubenNYC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't really know about the FM tuner card. I've read mixed results.

I've owned a number of radio-equipped portables, some dating back to the cassette walkman days, and frankly, none of their radio sections have been any good. I think most manufacturers add them as a sort of convenience feature, and both sound and sensitivity usually suck. Of course, it's possible that the Vibez is an exception, but I'm not holding my breath.

I still carry around my trusty SRF-59, which is just an amazingly good bit of retro technology. Pulls tons of stations, sounds great, fits in a shirt pocket. And still listed at Sony's website for the princely sum of $14.95.

Sep 6, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #68 of 104
Lower capacity models are useless unfortunately. I'm looking @32gb myself!!! I've been checking myself and there's nothing in sight.

Sep 6, 2008 at 7:07 PM Post #69 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lower capacity models are useless unfortunately. I'm looking @32gb myself!!! I've been checking myself and there's nothing in sight.

Ditto.

Sep 6, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #71 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Weaves /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still debating between the Zune 120 and this. Unless Cowon ever decides to go gapless

I was thinking the same, but now I'm doing a 180 and thinking about the S9 as well. DAMN,............ I'm SO CONFUSED!!!!

Sep 7, 2008 at 12:12 PM Post #73 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Easy, go with the one with the best SQ ^_^

Then it's really between the S9 and Trekstor Vibez, isn't it? Well, thats SLIGHTLY less confusing I guess!!!

Sep 8, 2008 at 2:21 PM Post #75 of 104
The Vibez has user replaceable battery, in my opinion this is really important, as we know the battery is a weak point in every device (unless Sony or cowon) I also have a Zune 80 and my battery is ridiculous (less than 10 hours for sure whitout playing much) so a user replaceable battery is an important factor for me.

I continue thinking the new flash versions are really (well more or less) cheap, but 16GB for 125€ ...it will be mine.
I asked Trekstor if the new version will use the same chipset that olders, but no answer at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back