DAPReview: TrekStor vibez flash up to 32 GB
Aug 30, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #46 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks so much RubenNYC! Well, that answere my question, doesn't it? I want one, I so want one. Is there a VU display for monitoring? (I should have thought of asking that in my previous post. Sigh. My brain is going.)

See attached screenshot.

Aug 30, 2008 at 2:31 AM Post #47 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by RubenNYC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
See attached screenshot.

Oh. You know that old expression about being careful about what you wish for? The only bad thing I can find about this player is the lack of a lineout, but that is definately not a deal-breaker. This could be trouble. My RH1 is on its last legs; it's too unreliable for recording purposes...oh no.

Thanks again, and curse you, in a good way.

Aug 30, 2008 at 2:34 AM Post #48 of 104
Quote:

Oh. You know that old expression about being careful about what you wish for? The only bad thing I can find about this player is the lack of a lineout, but that is definately not a deal-breaker. This could be trouble. My RH1 is on its last legs; it's too unreliable for recording purposes...oh no.

Thanks again, and curse you, in a good way.

Glad I could help. To make things "worse": If you don't mind schlepping down to J&R, they'll be happy to let you try it out before you buy it. B&H might, too, and they're closer to you. Once they're actually in stock, of course.
o2smile.gif

Aug 30, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #49 of 104
Quote:

Glad I could help. To make things "worse": If you don't mind schlepping down to J&R, they'll be happy to let you try it out before you buy it. B&H might, too, and they're closer to you. Once they're actually in stock, of course.
o2smile.gif

J&R has lightened my wallet quite a few times over the years. Things got really out of hand when I was working on Water Street and I could bop over there in like ten minutes during lunch. "O.K., dude, remember, you're just going to look. No purchases, O.K.? Oh, wow, what's that..." (sound of sinister laughter on the soundtrack.) I really do like that place, despite what they've done to my finances. I, of course, take no responsibility...it's all their fault.

Any idea when these critters might hit the shelves?

Aug 30, 2008 at 3:01 AM Post #50 of 104
The TrekStor site says they'll be available at the end of September. No clue if that means it'll hit the US at the end of September or later. Got my fingers crossed for "end of September".

My 12GB has served me incredibly well over the past year and a half of heavy-duty daily usage. I'm really just looking for the extra space.

Aug 30, 2008 at 3:08 AM Post #51 of 104
Quote:

The TrekStor site says they'll be available at the end of September. No clue if that means it'll hit the US at the end of September or later. Got my fingers crossed for "end of September".

My 12GB has served me incredibly well over the past year and a half of heavy-duty daily usage. I'm really just looking for the extra space.

Thanks. Can't wait.

Aug 30, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #53 of 104
Aug 30, 2008 at 11:27 AM Post #55 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Vibes has a line out w/the docking station at B&H Photo: Trekstor | Docking Station and IR Remote Control | TKS17152-846

Quote:

O.K., this is now officially an inevitability. Thanks, I think. Let's see...I could sell my blood plasma...

From what I understand, the "Line Out" on the dock is nothing more than a pass through to the headphone jack. Sorry.

Aug 30, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #56 of 104
for the vibez owners, is it better than the Rio Karma or iAudio A2/X5 models in terms of LossLess format?

Thanks, i am really considering it as a replacement of the X5 only if it sound better~

Aug 30, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #57 of 104
Quote:

From what I understand, the "Line Out" on the dock is nothing more than a pass through to the headphone jack. Sorry.

You're kidding me!?!? I'm really considering this player myself, and it'd be great to hook up to the surround sound system at home as well. Have you tried the dock yourself Ruben?

Aug 30, 2008 at 5:55 PM Post #58 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're kidding me!?!? I'm really considering this player myself, and it'd be great to hook up to the surround sound system at home as well. Have you tried the dock yourself Ruben?

Sorry, bro, I'm not kidding. http://www.riovolution.org/post/12601

I haven't tried it myself but still considering it. I think the IR remote would be great in the car.

Aug 30, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #59 of 104
Quote:

Sorry, bro, I'm not kidding. Vibez docking station - Riovolution

I haven't tried it myself but still considering it. I think the IR remote would be great in the car.

Well, as I said, I'd like a true lineout, but the lack of one isn't a deal breaker. My RH1 has a lineout "mode," but I've never gotten a definitive answer as to whether it's a true lineout or just a config preset with the volume control locked out. The fact that it shares the headphone jack has always been a bit suspect to me. In any event, it sounds quite good.

Hell, maybe I should just get a used SlimX550 and call it a day. Or not.
confused_face_2.gif

Aug 30, 2008 at 6:57 PM Post #60 of 104
Not a deal breaker for me!!! Still 1 of the best options on the market for PURE music listening. BTW, how good is the FM tuner on the Vibez? I really don't care about RDS so that's not a consideration. I also know I'd need to purchase a separate FM tuner card and install it behind the batt - again, not a prob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back