Quote:

Originally Posted by RubenNYC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try giving these guys a call:

Distributors - Australia consultine
3001 Melbourne VICTel.: +61 419 54 53 50
Fax: +61 359 74 32 96Web
www.trekstor.com.au
trekstor@bigpond.com

Found using the "Where to buy" link on the http://Trekstor.de web site.

Thankyou.
I have contacted them but they say it won't have the 32GB ver. in Aus' til early next year~
Guess I ll have to wait for a bit

Aug 29, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #33 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can always check on eBay. You'd probably be able to get it cheaper too.

can't find vibez 32GB on eBayT.T

Aug 29, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #35 of 104
Yeah, I don't think they are. I'd be surprised if you don't see them appear once they do.

Here's a 12GB of the old version selling about a week ago, and it had international shipping enabled:

TrekStor vibez 12 GB MP3 Player (Black/Silver) - eBay (item 180280501688 end time Aug-23-08 07:41:39 PDT)

EDIT - Oh and hey recephasan, how would you compare the bass on your H120 to the Vibez? Specifically in terms of how deep it goes, how punchy it is, and to what extent it clouds the rest of the spectrum when you push it up (through some special bass boost function, or EQing or what not). Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 29, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #36 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EDIT - Oh and hey recephasan, how would you compare the bass on your H120 to the Vibez? Specifically in terms of how deep it goes, how punchy it is, and to what extent it clouds the rest of the spectrum when you push it up (through some special bass boost function, or EQing or what not). Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

The amount of punch and/or clouding on the vibez will vary depending on how you setup the EQ bands. You can set your lowest band as low as 20 Hz and your highest band up to 20 kHz, and widths ranging from 0.2 to 4.0 octaves (in increments of .2). The maximum you can boost or cut each band is 12dB.

it's up to you.

Edit:

There are 5 bands that can each be set to any of the following center frequencies (in Hz/kHz):

20, 25, 32, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, 250, 315, 400, 500, 630, 800, 1 k, 1.3 k, 1.6 k, 2 k, 2.5 k, 3.2 k, 4 k, 5 k, 6.3 k, 8 k, 10 k, 12.5 k, 16 k, 20 k.

Hope this helps.

Aug 29, 2008 at 11:12 PM Post #39 of 104
I'm waiting for it to actually become available for sale - this this is soooooo over due. Trekstor make Cowon look good as far as release dates are concerned!!!!
angry_face.gif

Aug 30, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #40 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm waiting for it to actually become available for sale - this this is soooooo over due. Trekstor make Cowon look good as far as release dates are concerned!!!!
angry_face.gif

Ditto. I've already started checking the J&R and B&H websites for it.
tongue.gif

Search Results for trekstor vibez at JR.com

trekstor vibez | B&H Photo Video

Aug 30, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #41 of 104
Hi --

I've been eyeing the Vibez since it first appeared, but I didn't realize that it can record .WAVs through the line-in. I'm thinking that I could run my mic-preamp into the line-in. With 32 Gb of built-in storage, this would be a very attractive option. But I have a question about recording SQ.

I downloaded a .pdf of the manual at Trekstore's site, which offered the following information about the recording capability:

Recording

Under the menu item "Recording" you can adjust the recording quality of the voice and line-in recordings. Select the desired recording source and then the desired recording quality...

Medium quality: medium-quality recordings are encoded in 16 kHz wave-pcm format. The recording mode of this quality level is mono.

High quality: select this option to achieve high-quality stereo recordings. These recordings require far more storage capacity than low-quality recordings.

Obviously, the low and medium quality settings are not going to be good enough for recording live music. It's frustrating that they offer specs for "medium" quality (16 kHz PCM, mono), but not "High" quality.

Does anyone know what the specs are for "high" quality? I'm hoping for 44.1 kHz PCM, but I'm not holding my breath. Can anyone help me with this?

Aug 30, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #42 of 104
Aug 30, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #43 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats funny, I did the same thing!!!! Who ever spots it first remember to PM the other!
beerchug.gif

Hey! Throw me in the loop! I'm going to pull the trigger on this as soon as they are available!!!

Aug 30, 2008 at 1:30 AM Post #44 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi --
Does anyone know what the specs are for "high" quality? I'm hoping for 44.1 kHz PCM, but I'm not holding my breath. Can anyone help me with this?

Here's what it says in the "Settings > Recording > Line In" menu on the vibez itself. You can choose between three options:

Small Size
Codec: wave-ima-adpcm
Bitrate: N/A
Sample rate: 16.0kHz
Channels: Mono

Medium Quality
Codec: wave-pcm

High Quality
Sample rate: 44.1kHz
Channels: Stereo

Same goes for Voice.

Aug 30, 2008 at 1:57 AM Post #45 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by RubenNYC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's what it says in the "Settings > Recording > Line In" menu on the vibez itself. You can choose between three options:

Small Size
Codec: wave-ima-adpcm

Medium Quality

High Quality
Sample rate: 44.1kHz
Channels: Stereo

Same goes for Voice.

Thanks so much RubenNYC! Well, that answere my question, doesn't it? I want one, I so want one. Is there a VU display for monitoring? (I should have thought of asking that in my previous post. Sigh. My brain is going.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back