Dapper for Mac updates: App to sync iTunes with your DAP
Sep 19, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #286 of 332
Hello, I have a question. Wav files are my preferred format choice for all of my albums in iTunes. I have a Rockbox'd iPod, If I were to use Dap to transfer my albums to the iPod would it keep all the tag information?

Any help?

Oct 3, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #288 of 332
Hello, I have a question. Wav files are my preferred format choice for all of my albums in iTunes. I have a Rockbox'd iPod, If I were to use Dap to transfer my albums to the iPod would it keep all the tag information?

Dapper does not tag anything, or remove tags. So if the WAV has tags in it, they'll transfer over. I didn't think wavs did have tags embedded.

Oct 3, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #289 of 332
I have submitted Dapper V4.36 to the App Store.
This is a fairly big change under the hood - its using the native iTunes/Music library so it does not need to ask you for access to the dreaded xml file anymore and sets up for Catalina's release soon.
This does mean its going to run now whatever the last library is you opened, but it'll warn you.

Oct 8, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #290 of 332
This is a fairly big change under the hood - its using the native iTunes/Music library so it does not need to ask you for access to the dreaded xml file anymore and sets up for Catalina's release soon.
This does mean its going to run now whatever the last library is you opened, but it'll warn you.

V4.37 has been submitted. It fixes a bug where Dapper would crash if you were on native MacOS Music app/iTunes and either sorted by Album Artist, or removed "The" from Bands/Albums etc

I have made setting it up easier and also have tied the new version into a new Database of DAPs

Oct 13, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #291 of 332

I have the 4.37 version and I have found dapper is relying on the XML file, which hasnt been updated since I have been on Catalina. Unless I manually export my updated library as an XML file the changes in the new Music app arent reflected. Is there something that needs to be done so it no longer looks at the XML file?

Oct 13, 2019 at 6:04 AM Post #292 of 332
I have the 4.37 version and I have found dapper is relying on the XML file, which hasnt been updated since I have been on Catalina. Unless I manually export my updated library as an XML file the changes in the new Music app arent reflected. Is there something that needs to be done so it no longer looks at the XML file?

I had to reset dapper but all sorted now, library is now changed to 'default MacOs Music Library'

Oct 13, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #293 of 332
If you upgraded to macOS Catalina you may have noticed that the new Music app has no "Share library XML with other applications" setting.
The new Music app allows you to manually export the library manually which is, of course, a huge pain.
Dapper DOES have the ability to just connect directly to Catalina music, and the switch over will be automated in the next version coming this week.
In the meantime you can switch Dapper to not need the XML file by doing a few steps:
1... Quit Dapper
2... Open the terminal app (Found in Applications-Utilities-Terminal)
3... type in: defaults write com.map-pin.Dapper audiophileMode 0
4... press enter, quit terminal and then run Dapper again.

Oct 14, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #294 of 332
If you upgraded to macOS Catalina you may have noticed that the new Music app has no "Share library XML with other applications" setting.
The new Music app allows you to manually export the library manually which is, of course, a huge pain.
Dapper DOES have the ability to just connect directly to Catalina music, and the switch over will be automated in the next version coming this week.
In the meantime you can switch Dapper to not need the XML file by doing a few steps:
1... Quit Dapper
2... Open the terminal app (Found in Applications-Utilities-Terminal)
3... type in: defaults write com.map-pin.Dapper audiophileMode 0
4... press enter, quit terminal and then run Dapper again.

Upgrade is now automatic. When you launch Dapper in Catalina MacOS it prompts you to change to direct-to-music app mode:
Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 7.19.54 PM.png

Oct 15, 2019 at 6:05 AM Post #295 of 332
Hi Jeremy

I'm running Version 4.37 (4100) on Catalina and The GO button has totally disappeared. Can't get it to appear even with resets and restarts.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks

Oct 15, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #296 of 332
Hi Jeremy

I'm running Version 4.37 (4100) on Catalina and The GO button has totally disappeared. Can't get it to appear even with resets and restarts.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks

the go button appears when the card or cards are both visibility to Dapper. Have you selected the cards again (unlock, click the left card icon and then the right one to select the storage again)

Oct 17, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #297 of 332
the go button appears when the card or cards are both visibility to Dapper. Have you selected the cards again (unlock, click the left card icon and then the right one to select the storage again)

I did a fresh install and the go button is appearing now.

I'm actually getting major issues now with Dapper.

1) New music is often not copied to the sd card (even though Dapper says it is going to do so, and says it has completed successfully).
2) Songs are getting copied to the card as empty folders not music files.
3) Random albums and songs are getting deleted.

My SD card is now a mess :frowning2:

Dapper is also taking over 30 minutes to just scan the Music database whereas it would take a matter of minutes to scan the xml.

Oct 17, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #298 of 332
@keithmarsh the Catalina music app seems to have some serious issues. You are the second person to see this copy issue - what Dapper is reporting to me is that the copy fails because Dapper does not have acce to the music from MacOS.

Please ping me at support.map-pin.com - Id like to send you a build or two that report back these issues and see if we can't pressure Apple to fix.

Oct 17, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #299 of 332
@keithmarsh the Catalina music app seems to have some serious issues. You are the second person to see this copy issue - what Dapper is reporting to me is that the copy fails because Dapper does not have acce to the music from MacOS.

Please ping me at support.map-pin.com - Id like to send you a build or two that report back these issues and see if we can't pressure Apple to fix.

Yeah, I imagined it was a Catalina issue - especially with all the extra permissions required. Roon won't even work anymore if you have music on external drives (which might be related to the issue I'm having here)

I'll ping you know - Did you mean create a new support ticket?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back