dap player with an alarm clock?
Sep 5, 2009 at 9:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jumpinjohn1234

500+ Head-Fier
hey Im looking for a recommendation for a dap player as my alarm clock - i tend to fall asleep with my headphones on while listening to music and its hard to hear my alarm with shures on. (tried ibuds and they fall out when I roll around)

my only criterias

alarm function (mp3 song as alarm song is a plus but not necessary)

sleep timer

and sub $150 (perfer 4gb+)

thanks!

Sep 5, 2009 at 9:53 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpinjohn1234 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey Im looking for an dap player as my alarm clock

my only criterias

alarm function (mp3 song as alarm song is a plus but not necessary)

sleep timer

and sub $150 (perfer 4gb+)

thanks!

Oh, The newest Creative X FI is specially design a alarm function for you!!!

But be aware of that the clock price is the Swiss watch price of USD $399. if you want to have the alarm function with cheap price, please to have a cheap cellphone, maybe 10 dollars in the flea market.

Sep 5, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverfi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, The newest Creative X FI is specially design a alarm function for you!!!

But be aware of that the clock price is the Swiss watch price of USD $399. if you want to have the alarm function with cheap price, please to have a cheap cellphone, maybe 10 dollars in the flea market.

What are you talking about? The 32gb X-Fi is $199USD ATM, and the lower capacities are within the OP's budget. You need to check your information before posting, as the X-Fi has never been $399USD, even when it was first released.

Here's a link to the 16gb model, which you still might find even cheaper: Zen X-Fi

Sep 5, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #5 of 7
actually with the new ipod nano u can have an alarm fuction, u just have to set a playlist but if u want a certain song just make a playlist with just that song in it. i never use it cause i will never wake up to music. it has to be something loud and annoying. like the normal beep.

Sep 6, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by y3110w /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Cowon S9 fits your criteria except it's over your budget by around $20.

My S9 has an alarm clock feature, I forgot about that. The only drawback is it needs to be used w/an external speaker hooked up, as the S9 doesn't have a speaker built in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back