DAP for classical music?
Nov 13, 2017 at 2:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

itman

100+ Head-Fier
Hello audiophiles, i am looking for an DAP player for mostly classical music. I used before sansa clip+ with rockbox, which is great, but the battery is dying now. Which player would you suggest?

Thanks

Nov 13, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #2 of 10
Choosing a player based on music preference isn't really common because the headphone you pick makes a million times more of a difference, in terms of specific genres, than a DAP does. I'd suggest making a list of preferences that you have in terms of hardware or power or cost or size, etc. Looking for a player that is "good for classical music" is like looking for a car that is "good at turning left"

Nov 13, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #3 of 10
Choosing a player based on music preference isn't really common because the headphone you pick makes a million times more of a difference, in terms of specific genres, than a DAP does. I'd suggest making a list of preferences that you have in terms of hardware or power or cost or size, etc. Looking for a player that is "good for classical music" is like looking for a car that is "good at turning left"

Thank you for your reply.
The headphones I use are AKG 701 and Sennheiser Momentum.
Do DAPs make a difference in the sound with these headphones or are all the same?
I am using now the Xduoo x3 wih Rockbox.

Nov 13, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #4 of 10
Thank you for your reply.
The headphones I use are AKG 701 and Sennheiser Momentum.
Do DAPs make a difference in the sound with these headphones or are all the same?
I am using now the Xduoo x3 wih Rockbox.
I'll put it this way: I also use the Momentum 2 and I like the sound from my FiiO X3 2nd gen more than my Galaxy S7. And then when I add my FiiO A5 amp to the DAP, it sounds much better than both DAP alone and phone alone. I would say a DAP would usually beat out a phone, but the biggest difference I hear is with the addition of a mobile amp

Nov 13, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #5 of 10
I'll put it this way: I also use the Momentum 2 and I like the sound from my FiiO X3 2nd gen more than my Galaxy S7. And then when I add my FiiO A5 amp to the DAP, it sounds much better than both DAP alone and phone alone. I would say a DAP would usually beat out a phone, but the biggest difference I hear is with the addition of a mobile amp

I never used a phone to listen music. With my Nokia 3310 it is not possible. I used Sansa clip+ and Xduoo X3, both with Rockbox.

Nov 13, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #6 of 10
Is there something about the X3 that you think is lacking?

Nov 13, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #8 of 10
What's your budget?

Nov 13, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #10 of 10
The battery life. I think my player is a defect model. So I am still in search of a good device.
If it is defective send it back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back