DAP Challenge Chart (Including 26 Portable Sources, the BIT Opus 1 added. More to come..)
May 27, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #151 of 165
  thank you for this!

opus 1 seems so so tempting.

It does, especially after twister's glowing review of it.   The price point is very inviting too :)

May 27, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #152 of 165
  Mike,

Are the Opus scores in the chart reflecting the newest 1.11 firmware?   The reason I ask is that yesterday @twister6 posted an update in the Opus thread and said:

" Boom! and just like that v1.11 firmware update fixed the artwork problem (all good now!) and the sound had a very subtle change where now it's hard to tell the difference between PAW Gold and Opus#1.  Just spent 20min with ES60 w/SuperBaX cable, switching between LPG and Opus while listening to KSHMR latest EP, and both sources sound nearly the same.  While Opus used to be a touch warmer and had less aggressive mid-bass punch (slower attack), now I hear it close to LPG.  I also could swear that Opus sounds as transparent now.  Will do more listening tomorrow with fresh ears (tired after a long day), but so far I'm VERY happy with what I'm hearing."

Thank you in advance

San Man,

I reviewed Opus 1 during its very early days. So it wasn't 1.11.   

May 27, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #154 of 165
wondering what is a better match for the kaiser 10, AKjr or Opus1... 
confused.gif

Oct 24, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #157 of 165
Feb 13, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #162 of 165

San Man,

How would the Opus 1 go against the DX90? Will it be a significant improvement?

Feb 22, 2017 at 1:20 AM Post #163 of 165
Lots of new daps being released:

Aune M1S
Sony WM1A (and Z)
Fiio X5 3rd Gen.
iBasso DX200

Also would like to know how the Hifiman Supermini measures up.

Thanks again to @MikePortnoy for doing the work and starting this thread. I know you can't try every dap but I'd love to see this thread continue.

Feb 22, 2017 at 3:56 AM Post #164 of 165

San Man,

How would the Opus 1 go against the DX90? Will it be a significant improvement?

In my opinion, Opus 1 sounds very good for its price. I didn't have a chance to make A/B between two, but I guess Opus should perform better. 

Lots of new daps being released:

Aune M1S
Sony WM1A (and Z)
Fiio X5 3rd Gen.
iBasso DX200

Also would like to know how the Hifiman Supermini measures up.

Thanks again to @MikePortnoy for doing the work and starting this thread. I know you can't try every dap but I'd love to see this thread continue.

Thank you mate, I am trying to do my best. :) Hope I will add some more daps to the list soon. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back