DAP as headphonne amp/dac
Nov 11, 2009 at 3:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

stew1234

100+ Head-Fier
I doubt this is possible but I was wondering if there might be any way to set a DAP to some sort of pass through mode so it could be connected via USB to a computer and play whatever is played on the computer.

For example my laptop has a sub par headphone jack but I like the sound from my clip. If I could just use the clip as a DAC/headphone amp but select what to play on my laptop and listen in real time that would be great.

Any ideas would be great.

Nov 11, 2009 at 6:12 AM Post #2 of 7
I would love to see a DAP with this ability. I'm sure it could be hacked somehow...

Nov 11, 2009 at 8:26 AM Post #4 of 7
Nov 16, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #5 of 7
I was just wondering if anyone had any idea if it was possible. Being able to turn my $20 Clip into something like that would be great. It would definitely beat the sq out of my laptop.

Nov 16, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #6 of 7
As I said above, it should be hackable somehow. Maybe it could be something to ask the rockbox folks?

Nov 16, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by stew1234 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I doubt this is possible but I was wondering if there might be any way to set a DAP to some sort of pass through mode so it could be connected via USB to a computer and play whatever is played on the computer.

For example my laptop has a sub par headphone jack but I like the sound from my clip. If I could just use the clip as a DAC/headphone amp but select what to play on my laptop and listen in real time that would be great.

Any ideas would be great.

It seems AMP3 have the similar function. For AMP3 is a DAP/AMP hybrid audio device, I use AMP3 as an amp when I watch Video programs on PC, and use it as a DAP on the go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back