1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DAP Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by groovyd, Jun 10, 2018.
  1. groovyd
    Am planning on purchasing a new DAP with the following requirements but I have no idea what the latest greatest is that covers these. All advice appreciated...

Must haves in order of priority...
    • Fast and flawless support for 400GB SanDisk Ultra microSD XC - My entire music collection is on this card and it needs to just work without headaches or UI lag shuffling through album or artist view, browsing for songs, etc. I must add I currently have a iBasso DX90 which can read this card but takes forever to bring up the artist/album view etc. Entirely unusable and this is primarily my motivation for getting something new. It needs to work and be lag free with this card. Highest priority!
    • Simple UI - One button random shuffle play of all songs on the entire card or a couple more presses by artist or album - 99.9% of the time I want to just hit play and let it shuffle all songs on the card while I hit the gym. I don't want a high maintenance UI requiring a lot of decision making. Play and go!
    • Good single ended performance - Will mostly drive Noble Audio Savant IEMs in the gym but on the go might also see Beyer T5ps on an airplane, subway, etc. Doesn't need tons of power but I want clean low bass that doesn't feel compromised.
    • Cost - Lower is better. These are for portable use so I really don't want to spend double for that last .001% sound quality I won't hear anyway. Let's shoot for <$300 and see what's available.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  2. TheoS53
    The Shanling M2s is a wonderful source device, but I received the FiiO M7 for review a little while ago and I must say that I'm thoroughly impressed with it as a device. I'm used to FiiO's devices being somewhat riddled with silly software bugs and mistakes, but the M7 is so close to perfection.

3. yong_shun
    I agreed with this. With the close price to Fiio X3 MKIII, I think M7 will kill it almost immediately.