DanTheMiataMan
Sep 7, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #2 of 6

Animal Mother

Member of the Trade: Animal Audio
DanTheMiata man is threatening me with a fraudulent paypal claim if I do not send him $25. My advice would be to stay away from this user at all costs. Here is a copy of the private message he sent me today:
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
'm going to make a Paypal dispute. I wont lie you have a 99.9% chance to win with Paypal as they only guarantee that the package made it not as to the contents of the package if not sold via ebay.

Sep 7, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #3 of 6

DanTheMiataMan

500+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by Animal Mother /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DanTheMiata man is threatening me with a fraudulent paypal claim if I do not send him $25. My advice would be to stay away from this user at all costs. Here is a copy of the private message he sent me today:

Try not to mis quote.

I bought the DT 770's from Animal Mother. He then sent them. They came smelling very badly of smoke. I contacted him and offered to send them back for a refund. he said no. Then said What about new pads as they are what reek the most. he said wash them and then he would offer new pads if they still smelt. I washed them they still reak.

Originally Posted by Animal Mother

You could try washing the pads first, and if it still smells then I will send you the money for new pads.

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan

The phones came but they smell like they came from a smokers home. The ad said Smoke Free. Also the like locking system to keep the phones at a set height is like 50% broken when sitting on my head they fall down sometimes. I assume that can be fixed so its not that big of a deal but they reek of cigars or cigarette smoke and that is kinda annoying when the ad says "Smoke Free Home".

Originally Posted by Animal Mother
My home is smoke free and so am I, so as to how they smell like smoke is beyond me. As to the issue of the headphones no staying in place, thats never happened to me before. I'm sorry that you are not satisfied with the headphones, if there is anything I can help you with just let me know.

The smell comes from the headband and the pads the most. Id either like to ship them back for a refund or least 25 dollars back to buy new pads so they dont smell as bad. If either of these seem to be out of question are there any things you feel are in question.

After a wash the pads still smell of something awful. I've let the cans sit for a week and also washed the pads and everything still smells really funky.

He then didnt respond for 5 days. The next message i sent was this

"Not to sound like a jerk but By Monday if no response has been made back to how we will settle this situation I'm going to make a Paypal dispute. I wont lie you have a 99.9% chance to win with Paypal as they only guarantee that the package made it not as to the contents of the package if not sold via ebay. I was hoping to settle this within just the PM system but I have not had a reply in 4 days from the first PM i sent about having washed them and them still smelling horrid."

he then sent me this

"I honestly don't see how the head pads still smell after washing them, personally I feel like I'm being taken advantage of and I don't like it. Another thing, do not threaten me with a fraudulent claim, as I will will forward this message to paypal. I used paypal's shipping system to ship the package and have a tracking number. Have a nice day."

It wasn't a threat as I had not been contacted in 5 days i was saying that if there was still lack of response i would make a claim. I also stated that a claim would do me little good and that if i made a claim paypal would prolly side with him. Due to Animal Mother unable to settle this like adults it seems I will have to make a PayPal Claim.

I have Turned it to a Paypal Claim and have posted the original for sale thread and all Pm's to Paypal. Also note that Im only concerned with the smelly pads not with the fact it was missing the 1/4th adapter or the fact that the phones dont stay in place and sometimes slide to a bigger size when sitting on my head. He has turned down me shipping the phones back for a refund and also after agreeing to new pads has now decided to not do that.

And like i Stated above PayPal has sided with him as unless sold via Ebay they dont guarantee what condition the item comes in just the fact that the item made it there.

"Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a
refund."

Sad to see this couldnt be settle like adults but I would recommend not dealing with Animal Mother unless the condition of the item is New in Box. I'd also expect more from a Member of the Trade.

Sep 7, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #4 of 6

Animal Mother

Member of the Trade: Animal Audio
You claim was fraudulent to begin with, its impossible for them to smell like smoke, I don't smoke, nobody in my family smokes, and the headphones were always kept on a stand inside a clean cabinet in my room when not in use. Those headphones were just as good as the day I bought them, you are just an immature con artist. The rest of my feedback speaks for itself.

Mar 10, 2009 at 9:46 AM Post #5 of 6

truffles

Head-Fier
Bought a pair of used pair of M-Audio Q40 from Dan through Paypal. He shipped the very next business day morning as promised. Less than a week later I recieved it in the mail well packaged and insured - the fastest I've ever recieved something from the States. We're geographically favorable - from Oregan to Vancouver - so I wasn't expecting to wait too long.

Headphones look brand new barely used in perfect condition. Definitely satisfied with my purchase. Thanks!

Jul 9, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #6 of 6

insanesanctum

Head-Fier
Bought a pair of HA-RX700 from him. Shipping was estimated at 5-10 days. They came in 2
smily_headphones1.gif
. Same as above, I also live in vancouver. Headphones in perfect condition, will deal with him again. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread