Daniel Lanois- Acaide
Mar 22, 2006 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Scotty757

500+ Head-Fier
After experimenting with some other stuff, I put this album on, and it immediately became my favorite thing to listen to through nice headphones. This guy is a genius.
580smile.gif

Mar 22, 2006 at 9:45 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty757
Daniel Lanois- Acaide. This guy is a genius.
580smile.gif

Yeah, that is a beautiful album. I have the LP and it's one of my favorites too. An amazing cast of performers and such a great sounding record too. The one called For the Beauty of Wynona is really nice too, although not quite that same level of goodness. The American version has a silly edited cover to hide her nipples, because we all know how morally corrupt it is to display nipples
confused.gif

7f4292c008a00e7ecc1b8010.L.jpg

Course that Wrecking Ball album that he did with Emmylou is nearly a classic too. Recording is a bit odd, but great music.

Mar 23, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #3 of 4
Great album...not exactly what I expected from him having first heard of him from Bob Dylans book Chronicles Vol 1. I was thinking he would be experimental with sounds, but I thought it would be closer to Tom Waits kind of uniqueness and it is closer to U2 then Tom.

Mar 23, 2006 at 3:41 AM Post #4 of 4
yeah, his production definitely stays un the u2-joshua tree era style on this one. Just FYI, Aaron Neville's "Amazing Grace," the album's finale, is just breathtaking. I wish the last 90 seconds of that song lasted 2 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back