Dance-Fi
Apr 29, 2016 at 8:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

getclikinagas

500+ Head-Fier
Dance, like music, is the expression of the human spirit. Dance is "visual music" - S. Janaki (Singer & composer)​

So, let's enjoy and share some "visual music". I will periodically link dance videos that I've enjoyed and hope to discover more through this thread.

Rules are simple : Embed or link to a dance video along with one line on why you like it.

I'll start off with my favorite crew, The Kinjaz. I like then because they capture small nuances in the music and rarely miss a beat/step. And they have a crack media team to shoot their videos. I like this particular video because it showcases their precise yet easy going style.

Next one is from one of my favorite contemporary choreographers, Travis Wall. He started off as a dancer on So you think you can dance and later won an Emmy for a piece he choreographed for the show. This particular video is one of his best performances that he choreographed himself.
 ​

May 11, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #2 of 3
Pacman (Phillip Chbeeb ; IAmMe Crew), one of the most creative choreographers around. Humble popping beginnings to intricate partnered choreo. I like this one in particular because of the clever and smooth transitions. Great track too. Headphones recommended.

Nonstop (Marquese Scott; Dragon House crew) is one of the best dancers in the animation dance scene. His most popular video is a great showcase as to why. And he's only improved since then (2011)

May 11, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #3 of 3
Great thread idea. I know nothing about dance but have watched way too much SYTYCD
cool.gif

Reminds me of 'tutting'. According to the description the dance crew in it is called Turfin 24/7. With the editing it really blends in well with the music

Kind of a similar style I think. This is a clip from a neat documentary called Pina about the famous dancer/choreographer Pina Bausch consisting of cinematic interpretations of some of her famous works  by members of her company.

Mostly here for the song but I like the idea of this video, a dude worms his way in slow motion around a subway station.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back