Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Oct 10, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #2,102 of 5,991
Yeah that doesn’t make sense
The TT2 does provide more power than the DAVE even in unbalanced.

TT2 can output 288mW at 300ohm while the DAVE outputs 154mW at 300ohm. When you go for the TT2’s balanced output it can go to 1.15W at 300ohm.

Oct 10, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #2,104 of 5,991
But there’s no way I’m going to run a dave to a tt2
Oh that’s what you meant!

If you already have a Dave I don’t think you’d need an amp with it for the Stealth though.

I thought the discussion was about which to get that could provide more power.

I might be able to test out the DAVE with the Stealth on Tuesday when I visit the shop.

Oct 10, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #2,105 of 5,991
So if the Dave doesn’t have enough power for these, what amp pairing is recommended with a Dave?
Most sticking with Hugo TT2 in stead of Dave for DCA, as more powerful.

Specifically not sure what other great options there are above Dave in SS world, maybe Wells Audio Headtrip 2, XI audio formula S, then of course the beloved Woo audio Wa33

Oct 10, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #2,106 of 5,991
So….went to a UK hifi show a the weekend and had opportunity to listen to a few top tier headphones. Open and closed back, and I fell for the DCA Stealth bigtime.

I’ve been on the look-out for my next closed back, and was all but decided on the Denon ah-d9200. Oh dear, more than double the price. Has anyone compared the two, and maybe be able to offer some guidance? I may just order some Denon’s and take them to my local dealer who stocks the DCA Stealth.

Oct 10, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #2,108 of 5,991
:scream::scream::scream:
Less than a week of using the 4100€ DCA Stealth and already a real problem with the 4.4mm plug .. I have since yesterday lots of cuts when the cable moves a little, as if some welds were faulty inside the plug.
No fun at all, as I don't have any spare DCA cable and ther is only one in the box...I didn't expect a brand new TOTL headphone would have a weak cable... all of my formers headphones had 2 cables, one balanced and one SE (Sony, Ultrasone, HEDD, Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser, ...) .

Reach out to them directly, I guarantee you they will send you a new cable ASAP!

Oct 11, 2021 at 3:36 AM Post #2,110 of 5,991
The TT2 does provide more power than the DAVE even in unbalanced.
Only if you aren’t listening at the same volume level. More accurately, it has more potential to play louder. DAVE will play at ear damaging levels.

If listening at the same volume at the transducer, they will output the exact same power.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #2,111 of 5,991
This one’s not great soldering, sorry about that. However that is am Eidolic plug and is well mad. We will be happy to get a replacement cable to you just contacted our info email. FWIW getting 4.4 plugs in particular has been really hard during the pandemic.
I would appreciate your post and it would be nice If DCA could fix this.
I have just sent a form with a link to the photo I took through DCA website after being registered.
I am waiting now to know about what is the quickest way to find some issue, as I can't use at all my Headphone Stealth until I get a cable.

Oct 11, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #2,112 of 5,991
I have an unopened 4.4 mm 3.5 ft VIVO cable that I'm happy to pass on to @newworld666 if needed, I'd rather have a 6.35 mm 6 ft VIVO cable, it turns out.

I really appreciate your offer, but as I am in Europe, I hope DCA will find a quick way to fix this situation as fast as possible.

Oct 11, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #2,115 of 5,991
And does this happen with the $ 300 "VIVO" cable?
The look of my Stealth cable is similar at 100% to the 300$ VIVO cable...:disappointed: Though I have a 4.4mm balanced cable.
Let's hope it's just an accident ..
1633960697653.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back