Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Aug 19, 2021 at 2:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5,994
Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements

NOTE: If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.

Having built their business on designing and manufacturing moderately priced high-end headphones, it was only a matter of time before Dan Clark Audio would stage an assault on the higher end of the high-end market. Today's the day that happens, with the launch of the Dan Clark Audio Stealth. Key to the all-new Stealth's sound is a patent pending innovation called AMTS.

Dan Clark (founder and CEO of Dan Clark Audio) visited us at Head-Fi HQ to discuss the Dan Clark Audio Stealth and this very unique thing called AMTS that legendary headphone engineer Axel Grell (who was shown the technology) told me he thinks is "a big step ahead."

Of course, in the video I also talk about the Stealth's sound and take a look at headphone measurements of the Stealth (including headphone measurement comparisons) made in our measurement lab at Head-Fi HQ using the following equipment:

Click on the following link for more information about the Brüel & Kjær 5128 hearing simulator mentioned in the video: Brüel & Kjær 5128

Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements - produced by Joe Cwik, Brian Murphy, and Jude Mansilla

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #6 of 5,994
EDIT: ASR measured 23ohm impedence and 549 mV @ 94dBSPL (about 82-83 dB/mW sensitivity)

Jude measured sensitivity at more of 360 mV @ 94dbSPL (1kHZ) which would be more of 87 dB/mW. Much more reasonable. Interested to see which of these ends up being accurate

Totl Closed back = directly to the top of my interest list.

Wonder if DC will be the ones to finally achieve true totl SQ in a closed back. Everything currently is either below totl detail or mega jacked tonality

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #7 of 5,994
Totl Closed back = directly to the top of my interest list.

Wonder if DC will be the ones to finally achieve true totl SQ in a closed back. Everything currently is either below totl detail or mega jacked tonality

For the price tag I doubt many will find out.

Aug 19, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #8 of 5,994
Aug 19, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #9 of 5,994
For the price tag I doubt many will find out.

Meh. Same price as other totl cans. Plus its not a Chinese or Russian company which makes demos much easier to get. If they aren't at can jam i will be digging my local dealer for a demo as soon as they get a set

Aug 19, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #11 of 5,994
Hey everyone, thanks for the nice reception! My thanks to everyone who has supported us, we love what we do and you make it possible!

We had our 9th anniversary this spring, and we wanted Stealth to be the embodiment of everything we've learned over the years as our technology and skills have grown.

Stealth took four years to develop and a lot of failures and experiments on the way, but we put our hearts into every part of this headphone, and for the first time even the packaging! We really hope you enjoy it.

For your enjoyment here are a few beauty shots (the red in the photos is a bit hot in the strap photos, it's more like the box).

Stealth-012 small.jpeg

Stealth-011 small.jpeg

Stealth-015 small.jpeg

Last edited:
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Aug 19, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #15 of 5,994
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back