Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Oct 8, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #2,071 of 5,994
Has anyone compared the two closed backs DCS Stealth vs ZMF Verite Closed? I am a female vocals and Jazz person. I am not a bass head. I like the most expansive stage with best micro-detail and treble shimmer without sibilance. Any thoughts of $ not an issue. Need isolation from wife factor. How do they compare to Susvara?
Just search for VC in the thread. If you use computer as a source, you can use something like Expanse3D or CanOpener plugin in mastering mode to adjust the stage according to your taste.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #2,072 of 5,994
Ez
Something to enjoy the great accuracy and layering of Stealth (Qobuz)...

Listened on stealth, definately sounds amazing. Not quite my style of music but still was a great listen. Thoroughly enjoyed. Even YouTube music quality it sounds great and very detailed, with heaps of seperation and soundstage.
Thanks for sharing :)

Oct 8, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #2,074 of 5,994
Is the Hugo 2 a good pairing? Does it run out of juice?
Might be sufficient for low volume listening. You'll want something more powerful to get the most out of them.

Oct 8, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #2,075 of 5,994
Is the Hugo 2 a good pairing? Does it run out of juice?
I use one, and a Mojo, for knocking about the house. It has more than enough power for my needs, granted I don't listen at ear-damaging volume but never once in 2+ years have I felt a lack of power. Is it a replacement for my TT2? No, but it's pretty fantastic for something portable.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Oct 8, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #2,076 of 5,994
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Oct 8, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #2,077 of 5,994
Will the pads be sold separately and do they fit the Aeon 2’s?

Seems nobody in the Aeon 2 thread have tried it so wondering if anyone here knows about it.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021 at 12:26 AM Post #2,078 of 5,994
@mrspeakers
Couple questions for you.
1)I'm burning in my stealth atm, is there any particular method you recommend to optimise this?
2)I notice the gimbal is a lot looser than my aeon2's is this normal or do I need to tighten it up a tad?
3) due to the AMTS element I notice the earcup depth is "shallower" than my aeons. Although it's totally comfortable I notice my ears lightly touch the AMTS element. Is there a reason you chose not to increase the earpads depth slightly to offset the AMTS element?

Congrats on a stellar product. It's leaps and bounds over aeon2's.

Ps please don't bring out another flagship for a couple of years, I don't think my wallet can handle it haha!

Oct 9, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #2,079 of 5,994
3) due to the AMTS element I notice the earcup depth is "shallower" than my aeons. Although it's totally comfortable I notice my ears lightly touch the AMTS element. Is there a reason you chose not to increase the earpads depth slightly to offset the AMTS element?
Good question. Luckily I only had one session where it caused pain for my left ear (even though my right ear is the one slightly weirdly shaped), something I thought I had left behind with the ATH-M50x that I modded with cotton swabs to increase the depth. The headband also created a hot spot once, like the Focal Listen can do after a while. Shifting the headband position fixes it in both cases for a while.

However, normally I don't experience any particular discomfort. Still, it's amazing that only the HD800(S) and Edition X V2 were the only headphones I tried so far that obviously didn't touch anything connected to my ear, and be it just some hair.

Oct 9, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #2,080 of 5,994
I don't know you guys, but the cymbal sound is probably my favorite on Stealth. I add a bit (2-3 dB) of air to hear more of the excellent, addictive decay. So, so, so good!

From Aziza Mustafazadeh, Dave Weckl and John Patitucci (Qobuz):

If you want to hear some clean Patitucci bass goodness with superb piano (Qobuz):

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #2,081 of 5,994
Good question. Luckily I only had one session where it caused pain for my left ear (even though my right ear is the one slightly weirdly shaped), something I thought I had left behind with the ATH-M50x that I modded with cotton swabs to increase the depth. The headband also created a hot spot once, like the Focal Listen can do after a while. Shifting the headband position fixes it in both cases for a while.

However, normally I don't experience any particular discomfort. Still, it's amazing that only the HD800(S) and Edition X V2 were the only headphones I tried so far that obviously didn't touch anything connected to my ear, and be it just some hai
I haven't experienced any pain or discomfort so far, even after long sessions wearing the headphones. Not any hot spots either.

Oct 9, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #2,082 of 5,994
I don't know you guys, but the cymbal sound is probably my favorite on Stealth. I add a bit (2-3 dB) of air to hear more of the excellent, addictive decay. So, so, so good!

From Aziza Mustafazadeh, Dave Weckl and John Patitucci (Qobuz):

If you want to hear some clean Patitucci bass goodness with superb piano (Qobuz):

My favourite part so far is probably the sound of kick drums. The sound is amazing. It sounds like a real drum right in front of me, including the feeling of vibrations. It's nuts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back