Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Noire Discussion/Impressions Thread
Apr 24, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #977 of 980
I'm possibly making a trade for a set of Aeon 2 Noire. How are these with instrumental music like classical, jazz, blues? I'm not a bass head so hopefully the bass is not too much. I enjoy plenty of detail as well.
I can help you with that. Here's what you need to know about the Aeon 2 Noire headphones and their performance with instrumental music like classical, jazz, and blues.

Soundstage and Detail: The Aeon 2 Noire headphones offer an impressive soundstage and excellent detail retrieval, which makes them a great choice for complex instrumental music. You can easily hear the nuances of each instrument and the interplay between musicians.

Bass: The Aeon 2 Noire headphones are not known for overwhelming bass, but they still deliver satisfying low-end presence. You'll get enough warmth and impact for most classical, jazz, and blues recordings without sacrificing clarity.

Overall Sound Signature: The Aeon 2 Noire headphones have a neutral-bright sound signature, which means they provide a clear, energetic sound that emphasizes detail rather than pure warmth.

I hope that helps!

Attachments

• IMG_3626.jpeg
    IMG_3626.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Apr 24, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #978 of 980
I can help you with that. Here's what you need to know about the Aeon 2 Noire headphones and their performance with instrumental music like classical, jazz, and blues.

Soundstage and Detail: The Aeon 2 Noire headphones offer an impressive soundstage and excellent detail retrieval, which makes them a great choice for complex instrumental music. You can easily hear the nuances of each instrument and the interplay between musicians.

Bass: The Aeon 2 Noire headphones are not known for overwhelming bass, but they still deliver satisfying low-end presence. You'll get enough warmth and impact for most classical, jazz, and blues recordings without sacrificing clarity.

Overall Sound Signature: The Aeon 2 Noire headphones have a neutral-bright sound signature, which means they provide a clear, energetic sound that emphasizes detail rather than pure warmth.

I hope that helps!
This is a good assessment. I do think they reproduce timbre well so that makes them a good choice for music featuring acoustic instruments. Not really much in the way of slam, but microdynamics are quite good.

Apr 24, 2024 at 6:57 PM Post #979 of 980
I recently took mine, along with the Chord Mojo 2 almost too the Minnesota/Canadian border. Only a week long trip, with about 8 hour travel time each way (eating into the vacation).

I was very hesitant to add this kit to my gear, but even with very little time to listen to music the sound made me very glad I did!!! I was LLC immersed in the music and my vacation goal to chill out was wonderfully satisfied!

BT is handy, but wired headphones with the right DAC/AMP is well worth the extra “baggage”! My spouse thinks I’m 🤪 crazy

Apr 25, 2024 at 12:04 AM Post #980 of 980

I hope that helps!

Thanks for that reply. I'm going to be using these on both SS and tube amps. I'm getting the Noire in exchange for my ZMF Auteur.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back