Damn cat chewed on my headphones wire.
Nov 29, 2008 at 4:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Tomcat_ha

New Head-Fier
So im in the market for a new portable headphone.

The headphone that got bitten was a koss porta pro and was the best portable headphone ive head so far. Previous ones being the sennheisser px100 and some philips one for like 20 bucks.

I need a headphone that enables me to bike without danger. I want to hear the traffic and all so no closed headphones or isolating headphones for me.
Music: from neofolk to death metal to ambient.

Budget: not sure yet but not too expensive.

SQ: I want at least the same SQ as the koss porta pro.

Nov 29, 2008 at 5:32 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomcat_ha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont have the hands for repairing them.

However i could send them back to get them repaired. However i see this as a excuse to get a better quality headphone :p

At least don't throw them away!

Upgrade, YES!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 29, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #5 of 15
Sounds like the perfect opportunity to upgraded!
smile.gif

Nov 29, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #6 of 15
how did you punish your cat for this?

Just wondering
smily_headphones1.gif

(i left my dog in a closet for 2 hours after she chewed my phones)

Nov 29, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaspianPH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how did you punish your cat for this?

Just wondering
smily_headphones1.gif

(i left my dog in a closet for 2 hours after she chewed my phones)

Cats don't respond to punishment. Their little brains don't connect the consequence with the act.

Instead, try rubbing a citrus oil or lavendar oil on the wire and they'll avoid it because of the smell. There are commercial products too.

Above all, cats have taught me to put my stuff away out of reach when not using it.

Nov 29, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #10 of 15
my cat only knew 2 things. eating and making other cats in the neighborhood pregnant.

ah bob barker, how i have put you to shame.

Nov 29, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My beagle puppy chewed my ER4S. I sent it to Ety for repair but they couldn't. However, they sold me a new one for a really good price.

ouch...what kind of damage we talking about??

my dog chewed my er6-i's into oblivion...it was a gory sight my friend. I'm just wondering what the etymotic service peeps saw when they opened up the packaging you sent them.

Nov 29, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #13 of 15
Have you tried a different brand of cat food? Your cat might be trying to tell you something. When mine starts playing up I know it's time to dig out the nice stuff...

Nov 29, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaspianPH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ouch...what kind of damage we talking about??

my dog chewed my er6-i's into oblivion...it was a gory sight my friend. I'm just wondering what the etymotic service peeps saw when they opened up the packaging you sent them.

It was my first IEM, about 10 years old. Actually it was still working with bare wires showing, teeth marks on the connector, the pod in the middle and both left and right ear pieces. I still kept it and but bought myself an ER4P. I was going to throw it away but called Ety if they can fix it. They told me to ship it to them, to see what they can do. So I did. But its beyond repair but they gave me a really good price for a new one. Those guys are great.

Nov 29, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was my first IEM, about 10 years old. Actually it was still working with bare wires showing, teeth marks on the connector, the pod in the middle and both left and right ear pieces. I still kept it and but bought myself an ER4P. I was going to throw it away but called Ety if they can fix it. They told me to ship it to them, to see what they can do. So I did. But its beyond repair but they gave me a really good price for a new one. Those guys are great.

Wow, dude. That is just horrible. Brings back memories for sure.
Nice job on getting the deal. Was the deal for the ER4-P?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back