Dame Edna: I haven't stopped laughing
Mar 23, 2006 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

redshifter

High Fidelity Gentility• redrum....I mean redshifter• Pee-pee. Hoo-hoo.• I ♥ Garfield
we saw dame edna last night at the moore in seattle. it's an old-fashioned vaudville show featuring barry humphries as dame edna, the "glittering gigstar" and as described in the program, "probably the most talented woman in the world". edna spens a great deal of time picking on the audience (because she cares), and wears gowns that were designed by her son, a self-proclaimed "flaming homeopath".

i've seen dame edna before on dvd, but live she kicked complete ass. i don't think i've ever laighed at anything so hard. i was drained after. if you get a chance to see dame edna's show "back with a vengance", go see it!!

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:37 PM Post #2 of 4
Yea I like the brutal comedy of Dame Edna.
biggrin.gif

I cannot think of her (sic) without recalling a guy at work who managed to watch the Dame Edna experience without realising 'she' was a 'he'; the work guy said he did not see why she was so funny!!!

Does she still have the old woman with her that says nothing?

Steve

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:53 PM Post #3 of 4
I saw her live a few years ago. She was definitely very funny, but what I find funnier is watching her old interview shows where famous guests would come to her English Estate or Manhatten Penthouse to be interviewed. Watching the celebrities trying desperately not to bust out laughing when she would make subtle insults about their careers or some sort of sexual innuendo, really cracked me up. One time she kept putting her hand on Kim Bassinger's knee and would leave it there for extended periods of time while leaning towards her and saying something like "Now Kim, between us girls ..... " Both Kim and I had tears in our eyes.

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:54 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieDvd
Yea I like the brutal comedy of Dame Edna.
biggrin.gif

I cannot think of her (sic) without recalling a guy at work who managed to watch the Dame Edna experience without realising 'she' was a 'he'; the work guy said he did not see why she was so funny!!!

Does she still have the old woman with her that says nothing?

Steve

her bridesmaid? that devious kiwi?
no, but she did manage to coach an 87 year old woman to come play her on stage. she got her to say "come find succor at my bosom!"
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back