Dali Headphones
Oct 27, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #76 of 1,056
I'm very interested in these as well! I am thinking of buying from Amazon UK. Just wondering if there'd be a sale on Black Friday.

Oct 27, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #77 of 1,056
Ok so I let the battery go down to about 20% and then did a full charge and it now it’s completely full, that’s a real relief cause I don’t want to part with these.

I’ve been listening to these and comparing them to the PX7’s, I’m not savvy in audiophile jargon so it’s difficult to explained how and why they sound loads better. I guess everything just feels opened out, not boxed in and up close but just much more spacious, every sound has room to be what it is without getting bashed by the next. Maybe this spaciousness is because of the 50mm drivers, who knows but it’s there and it makes all the difference.

I would say the comfort between the PX7 and these is on par, the cups are slightly more comfortable on the PX7’s because my ears completely fit inside, the Dali’s are real comfortable but because they are round, my dumbo’s dont quite fit in. The headband is more comfortable on the Dali’s, just like the Momentum 3’s the PX7’s headband slips off when leaning back.

The controls are a joy to use, they are the most intuitive I have ever used, not sure why they are all not like this. The worst controls were on the Beyerdynamic lagoon’s, swipes that only work half the time.

For some reason the noise cancelation does seem to work better when music is playing, this is probably true with all ANC headphones but it does seem different here.

I tried everything before settling on these, the Sony’s didn’t sound that good to me, the Bose sounded worse, the Momentum’s sounded just like the Scullcandy’s. The Beyerdynamic’s sounded great and I would have certainly settled on them if it hadn’t been for the massive amounts of creaking and tiny earcups. The PX7’s sound somewhere between the Momentum’s and the Bose and if I had to choose between them I’d probably choose the Bose because of the other stuff they do better.

Oct 27, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #78 of 1,056
Ok so I let the battery go down to about 20% and then did a full charge and it now it’s completely full, that’s a real relief cause I don’t want to part with these.

I’ve been listening to these and comparing them to the PX7’s, I’m not savvy in audiophile jargon so it’s difficult to explained how and why they sound loads better. I guess everything just feels opened out, not boxed in and up close but just much more spacious, every sound has room to be what it is without getting bashed by the next. Maybe this spaciousness is because of the 50mm drivers, who knows but it’s there and it makes all the difference.

I would say the comfort between the PX7 and these is on par, the cups are slightly more comfortable on the PX7’s because my ears completely fit inside, the Dali’s are real comfortable but because they are round, my dumbo’s dont quite fit in. The headband is more comfortable on the Dali’s, just like the Momentum 3’s the PX7’s headband slips off when leaning back.

The controls are a joy to use, they are the most intuitive I have ever used, not sure why they are all not like this. The worst controls were on the Beyerdynamic lagoon’s, swipes that only work half the time.

For some reason the noise cancelation does seem to work better when music is playing, this is probably true with all ANC headphones but it does seem different here.

I tried everything before settling on these, the Sony’s didn’t sound that good to me, the Bose sounded worse, the Momentum’s sounded just like the Scullcandy’s. The Beyerdynamic’s sounded great and I would have certainly settled on them if it hadn’t been for the massive amounts of creaking and tiny earcups. The PX7’s sound somewhere between the Momentum’s and the Bose and if I had to choose between them I’d probably choose the Bose because of the other stuff they do better.

Thank you for your detailed reports and experiences with your Dalis. I too have struggled to find an headphone that ticks all or most of the boxes. I've had the h9s that were ok but way too low and then the m+d m65 that were decent but again on the low side and overpriced. I tried the vmoda crossfade wireless 2 which ticked most of the boxes but just lacked a bit in sq. I tried the Sony's but was underwhelmed with the sq and then last week I bought the B+W px7's that I was looking forward to after having the p7 wireless and them being a great headphone. I cannot tell you how disappointed I was with the sq of the px7, they lacked in fullness and to me sounded very thin. I've never owned a neutral sounding headphone as you describe like the io6 but they do sound fantastic the way you describe them. My only doubt would be the lack of perceived bass, I listen to Rock, classic,contemporary , hard and jazz rock such as Steely Dan and also like 80s and 90s pop, soul and rnb. Perhaps Lynyrd Skynyrd freebird will sound better than ever on the Dalis. My one question to you is how does the volume compare on the Dalis to the px7 which were on the low side for me, thank you

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #79 of 1,056
Thank you for your detailed reports and experiences with your Dalis. I too have struggled to find an headphone that ticks all or most of the boxes. I've had the h9s that were ok but way too low and then the m+d m65 that were decent but again on the low side and overpriced. I tried the vmoda crossfade wireless 2 which ticked most of the boxes but just lacked a bit in sq. I tried the Sony's but was underwhelmed with the sq and then last week I bought the B+W px7's that I was looking forward to after having the p7 wireless and them being a great headphone. I cannot tell you how disappointed I was with the sq of the px7, they lacked in fullness and to me sounded very thin. I've never owned a neutral sounding headphone as you describe like the io6 but they do sound fantastic the way you describe them. My only doubt would be the lack of perceived bass, I listen to Rock, classic,contemporary , hard and jazz rock such as Steely Dan and also like 80s and 90s pop, soul and rnb. Perhaps Lynyrd Skynyrd freebird will sound better than ever on the Dalis. My one question to you is how does the volume compare on the Dalis to the px7 which were on the low side for me, thank you

The problem with false bass, that's what it is, false, is that other areas of the sound stage are being sacrificed, it drowns out the space. I guess in a certain mood and frame of mind, false bass can be awesome. I reckon it's like taking too much sugar in your coffee, you get used to it and cutting back can be brutal, it's short lived however and once you know coffee without that sweetness, that's all you want, the coffee taste. The Dali's have bass but only when it's in the music.

Just tested the volume on the Dali's and the px7's on my galaxy s10 plus with adaptive hearing adjusted to my ears, the volume is about the same, with maybe a slight advantage to the Dali's. On my phone and with my hearing, It is difficult to go into the red without it being uncomfortable after a short time.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #80 of 1,056
The problem with false bass, that's what it is, false, is that other areas of the sound stage are being sacrificed, it drowns out the space. I guess in a certain mood and frame of mind, false bass can be awesome. I reckon it's like taking too much sugar in your coffee, you get used to it and cutting back can be brutal, it's short lived however and once you know coffee without that sweetness, that's all you want, the coffee taste. The Dali's have bass but only when it's in the music.

Just tested the volume on the Dali's and the px7's on my galaxy s10 plus with adaptive hearing adjusted to my ears, the volume is about the same, with maybe a slight advantage to the Dali's. On my phone and with my hearing, It is difficult to go into the red without it being uncomfortable after a short time.
Tomorrow I am receiving the senn m3’s but have little hope that they will be right for me having tried the 2.0 version in a shop 18 months ago. I’ll give them ago with the app on my iPhone 11 max pro and see how they perform but if they are not for my taste I will be trying the Dalis In fact I wish it was them that were arriving tomorrow but you never know I may like them. Nice analogy by the way about the coffee and cutting back on sugar, something I know only way to well having been diagnosed diabetic 10 years ago lol. Guess it’s a bit like having the extremely bright Samsung led’s and then going to a much dimmer but far better contrasted Oled, something I did last year and do not regret one bit but it did take time for the eyes to adjust, however, well worth the sacrifice

Oct 27, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #81 of 1,056
Used mine today to 60% battery. Put them on the charger. Checked them after a few hours and noticed charging was ready. Noticed I left them on while charging, so turned off and on, got 90% battery level
Turned them off, put them back on the charger. After about 15 minutes charging was ready again. Turned them on, got full charge ... happy days ...

Oct 27, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #84 of 1,056
I have Momentum 3 at home and tomorrow I send back the PX7, which disappointed me with the sound signature. I ordered IO6 today, so eventually I will choose between M3 and them
I would be interested on your thoughts on io6. I am getting the m3's tomorrow having sent back the px7 last week but I would love more opinions on the io6 before I finally settle. I thought the px7s lacked s bit of everything and were far to thin sounding for me

Oct 28, 2019 at 5:27 AM Post #85 of 1,056
Anybody advise a good UK stockist, one that doesnt ignore your rights for a Full refund should you decide that you do not wish to keep your headphones even though you have distance selling regulations on your side and are entitled to open the product etc, thanks

Oct 28, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #87 of 1,056
Got a pair of the Io 6 at the begining of the week and I am really enjoying them but I have a couple of questions for other people who have tried them.. on all the reviews it stats that transparency mode will pause the music when selected but mine just keeps playing,valso not matter how long they are charged they will not go above 90%, I am also getting a high pitched tone which lasts for 5 seconds at random times (really Not that frequent) is anyone else experiencing the same.
I charged mine once and they didn’t go above 90%, I’m going to try again once I’m down to below 20% hope this is fixable? the music doesn’t stop playing when transparency mode is on, the music just lowers slightly while the voice says transparency mode. I haven't heard any high pitched tone at all.
I've never had an issue with noises except once off my old DAP player which was more of a pop than a tone. I think it was something to do with the DAP and the bt sign though and it was once.

The anc transparency as mentioned just lowers the sound slightly but doesn't really help with hearing much IMHO but I prefer to take them off if I need hear anything myself. Id feel rude leaving them on but this might be a thing for others.

It does not lower the volume much and you don't hear a lot of your surroundings with transparency.

As for charge, I've had it say 'fully charged' once.UUsually its 90%, as low as 80% once. Something I need test more is the battery
I have forwarded your findings to our product manager, and have the following replies:
- Transparency mode: In the final shelf product, the music continues to play, when transparency is activated. We tested the feature in a pre-production model, where the music stopped in transparency mode, but people got confused and saw this as an error. So we changed it to the current version.
- Battery charge: When the battery reaches 90% charge, the LED indicator will change from flashing orange to solid green. So green equals 90% and above. And if you continue to charge, it should reach 100%. When you have fully charged the headphones, then turn off the headphones, unplug the USB cable and turn them on again. The headphones react differently when the USB cable is connected, so make sure to unplug it before powering them on, if you want a correct reading. Also, if you turn on the headphones while charging or immediately after charging, the battery level will appear higher than in reality. Let them rest a few seconds after unplugging the charging cable and then turn them on to get a correct reading.
- In which scenario did the high pitch tone appear? When playing music, using ANC, when connected to which device...?

Oct 28, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #88 of 1,056
having mine for a week now, it blocks out nicely the trains, office sounds, voices sound more from a distant. Using it mostly with my dell xps 7390 (Running Ubuntu) . The Dali io-6 is nice and comfy.

Don't have the high pitch tone.

Didn't completely charge it yet, I will try it. Somethimes en turning it on it will say battery level 60% , when turn it off after lets 10 minutes and turn it on again, it would say level 70% :)

only annoying thing probably because inheritance of bluetooth technology, is that connection gets cut, and after a while the headphone will shout Bluetooth disconnected , but my laptop still thinks it is connected ... :D

Also connected it via usb on my laptop , it sees it I can choose Analog stereo and Digital Stereo IEC958, but no sound coming out :frowning2:
See my reply above related to battery level.

Oct 28, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #89 of 1,056
Just a general question about the Dalis, my main source to will be Apple Music through iPhone 11 pro max will the sound be ok for me considering that the files will be relatively low. I wear my headphones 8 hours a day at work so this is my only way to listen through the day

Oct 28, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #90 of 1,056
Nice of you to kick around the thread Brintkiks.

I am currently in two minds between the Sennheiser Momentum 3 and Dali IO-6 as a set of wireless headphones.

One of my uses for the headphones would be watching TV and an odd game or two; I understand that the Dali IO-6 has aptX & aptX HD but cannot see that they have aptX low latency as the Momentum 3's are listed as having.

Is the spec's sheet accurate in the aptX LL not being available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back