Daily Commuting With Your Gear ! (Pictures Please !)
Sep 22, 2012 at 12:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Kerraine

New Head-Fier
Hi guys and gals...

Just wondering how do you guys travel with your headphones and portable rigs while commuting.
Especially more so for those traveling and using headphones with coiled cables.

By no means an elegant way of transport,
here is how I go about with my Sony MDR-7505 and iPod Classic.

Sep 22, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #2 of 20
Well I'll edit in pics later, but when I travel I'm either using my HD 595s or my PXC 450s (depending on the noise level of where I'm going and the commute) that are attached to my E17 that is either in one of my pockets or strapped to my belt if I have less than 2 pockets on each side of my pants.  The E17 is attached to my nexus 7 which is streaming music either from MOG or from Google music since the device doesn't really have the internal storage to store FLACs and 320 kbps mp3's for traveling is close enough to good.  Anyway, the internet access is coming from my phone so to make this work I have 3 devices and one pair of cans.

A mall cop once told me it looked like I was a walking bomb, but that's a long story for another occasion.

Sep 22, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #3 of 20
can you tell us what is in the photo please?

it looks like you are carrying a bomb!

Sep 22, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #4 of 20
Quote:
can you tell us what is in the photo please?

it looks like you are carrying a bomb!

First 2 photos are simply my Oakley AP 3.0 haversack, with a mountain-climbing carabiner which I attached to shorten the coil cable, together with my iPod Classic.

3rd is my Crumpler 7 Million Dollar Home which houses my camera gear, combined with a Crumpler pouch on the side (holds iPod Classic) and ThinkTank Photo Multimedia Headphone Hook.

All photos were taken with iPhone 4S.

Sep 23, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #6 of 20

HM-602 with ER-4S/Audeo PFE232/UM SCL3X/Senn HD-25. Or iPhone 4-> Fiio E11-> (list of IEMs and HD-25-1-ii)

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Usually in hand. Pocket feels a bit heavy with the Hifiman, but it's okay with the iphone+fiio.

I see.

Anyway,
I do at times simply take my carabiner, hook it up to my belt loop with my headphones cable hitched to it, with my iPod Classic in my pocket.
That's when I'm travelling light without a bag or iPad or any other things on hand...

Aug 12, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #11 of 20
Usually cram this in my pocket.
Need to get myself a dap so I can do away with the e17.
HTC one via otg to e17, through L7 to e12 to final audio design heaven iv's.
Use the same setup when I get to work except HTC replaced by laptop and finals replaced by lcd2s

Aug 15, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #12 of 20
I used to have an imod->Auricap dock->GS Voyagager which made a nice unpocketable brick which I wore in a small Headroom bag with the strap across my body and the bag under my arm.  This was in the days before low profile LODs so it had a suspicious looking red cable sticking out the bottom of the bag but I took it on a plane without being questioned so it can't have looked too dodgy
biggrin.gif

These days life is much easier, although I'd love to get/make a short cable so I could put the Tera in my shirt pocket rather than having to drop it down my shirt...

@Kerraine would it not be much easier if you shortened your cable?  You could use the cut off bit as an extension if you need a longer cable when not commuting.  Probably only a good idea if you're done upgrading though...

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #14 of 20
I run the coiled cable on the Koss TBSE's through the flap on the Lowepro Rezo 30 case on my belt.

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back