Dad's birthday: Best rollerpen for 200$??
Sep 1, 2002 at 7:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

Flasken

Exhibit A in the case FOR a legal drinking age.
Title says it all.

Any pen freaks here??

By the way, I´m asking for my mother... I am not gonna spend 200 bucks on my dad just like that - even though he has lived half a century now!!

Sep 1, 2002 at 8:04 PM Post #2 of 42
You can't go wrong with a Mont Blanc rollerball. Although I'm partial to fountain pens, my son bought me a Mont Blanc rollerball a few years ago. It's beautiful and writes very well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 1, 2002 at 9:42 PM Post #5 of 42
you might want to check out one of the topline models from the German company LAMY. They are very sleek, and write very well.

Sep 1, 2002 at 10:25 PM Post #8 of 42
Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood
Off topic.........nice avatar, RickG. say hello for me to Floyd, Howard, and Goober when you see 'em.
biggrin.gif

Thanks, joelongwood...Goob and all the fellers say hey. I'm just here at the office waitin' for Otis to come in. He's bound to be stewed bein' that it's Labor Day weekend...

rolleyes.gif

Sep 1, 2002 at 10:49 PM Post #9 of 42
Quote:

Originally posted by TimSchirmer
you might want to check out one of the topline models from the German company LAMY. They are very sleek, and write very well.

Yes, check out the Lamy Swift. Very cool rollerball, and it won't cost you $200 either. It's sleek, and has a very unique clip retraction mechanism where when you press the button on top to activate the pen tip, the clip retracts into the pen body so that it's flush against the barrel. Retracting the pen tip brings back out the clip. If your dad hasn't seen a high end pen before I can guarantee this one will impress.
wink.gif

http://www.pencity.com/cgi-bin/SoftC...843+1030926277

Browse the rest of that site while you're at it...TONS of pens and pencils. I bought a Faber Castell Twice from them recently, they're very cool folks.

Sep 2, 2002 at 12:11 AM Post #12 of 42
You can shop around at Fountain Pen Hospital for one that strikes your fancy - or that might strike his. Here's a link. Use the gift finder and put in rollerball.

By the way in the pen world Montblanc (recent models) are like Bose in the music world. But YMMV.

http://www.fountainpenhospital.com/

Sep 2, 2002 at 12:21 AM Post #13 of 42
Thanks everyone!

My dad already has a mont blanc pen, but it's slightly broken. (I held it and it actually seemed rather flimsy)

But he says he likes the design.

A combination of polished black and a little gold would probably be to his liking.

(it's 2.30 here, and it´s hard to pretend you are a master of foreign languages when you can't even focus your eyes on the screen. SO, sorry for my mistakes, would there be any)

Sep 2, 2002 at 12:43 AM Post #14 of 42
Quote:

Originally posted by BeeEss
Maybe not as expensive as the Mont Blanc or the Waterman, but still a really really great rollerball is the Rotring:

I use one of these every day...they are practically indestructible and the weight is impressive. Very nice indeed.

Rotring is damm good also !! I have a roller too. And I like it better than my Wat. I do not like Mont Blancs. They are very fragile and plastic...

Ari

Sep 2, 2002 at 3:10 AM Post #15 of 42
I second the vote for fountainpenhospital.com. (They're walking distance from my office) Check the Delta Alpha Romeo Rollerball ($170) or the Monteverde Invincia Rollerballs (Carbon fiber, nice ! $56), they're both very nice. Pelikans are very nice too and a great alternative to the Montblancs. The 800 series are around $150. Check the Auroras too.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back