DACMagic Plus and HD660S
Jun 28, 2020 at 12:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

LuisPereira

New Head-Fier
Hi there,

Just got a DacMagic plus and I’ve been using with my HD660S. Honestly I’m satisfied with the sound quality but as far as I understood although it can drive it, still I could be getting better sound.
So my question is should I get a separate Amp to connect to the DacMagic?
And if so, any suggestions that aren’t too expensive?

thanks in advance!

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #2 of 5
The 150-Ohm HD660S are fairly easy to drive, so the DacMagic already has more than enough power to drive them.

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #3 of 5
The 150-Ohm HD660S are fairly easy to drive, so the DacMagic already has more than enough power to drive them.
Thank you so much for your quick reply!
I like the way it sounds but since I don’t have another more powerful device to compare didn’t know if it would sound better in another amp.
Btw if I can also get your advise in a similar thing. I got a dragonfly red that I’m waiting to arrive. Will it be able to efficiently drive the HD660S?

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #4 of 5
Thank you so much for your quick reply!
I like the way it sounds but since I don’t have another more powerful device to compare didn’t know if it would sound better in another amp.
Btw if I can also get your advise in a similar thing. I got a dragonfly red that I’m waiting to arrive. Will it be able to efficiently drive the HD660S?
Dragon Fly Red should have no problem driving the HD660S.
How good will it sound, plug everything in and let your ears decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back