DAC recommendation (for Bottlehead Crack & Beyerdynamic T1)
Oct 16, 2016 at 3:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mrravioli

Head-Fier
I'm upgrading my rig for Beyerdynamic T1 and have decided on the Bottlehead Crack with Speedball after reading glowing reviews on it. The only part missing now is the usb DAC. My budget is $300 and I can live with used ones. Did some search but results are dazzling and only make me more confused. The easiest choice would be buy a Schiit Modi 2 or ODAC for $100, but would an extra budget of 100-200 make a great difference?

THX

Oct 16, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #2 of 4
I'm upgrading my rig for Beyerdynamic T1 and have decided on the Bottlehead Crack with Speedball after reading glowing reviews on it. The only part missing now is the usb DAC. My budget is $300 and I can live with used ones. Did some search but results are dazzling and only make me more confused. The easiest choice would be buy a Schiit Modi 2 or ODAC for $100, but would an extra budget of 100-200 make a great difference?

THX
I have heard good things about the Modi multibit. I haven't had a chance to hear yet but will in a couple of weeks. I like Schiit Dacs myself have heard the bimby and they are very good and I own a Yggy that I love feeding the Crack. Whether you can hear the difference only you will know that.

Oct 16, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #3 of 4
I have heard good things about the Modi multibit. I haven't had a chance to hear yet but will in a couple of weeks. I like Schiit Dacs myself have heard the bimby and they are very good and I own a Yggy that I love feeding the Crack. Whether you can hear the difference only you will know that.

The multibit version costs $150 more. I'll only connect it to my Macbook and my music library is 99% 16/44.1 so maybe not worth the upgrade IMO.

Oct 16, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #4 of 4
The multibit version costs $150 more. I'll only connect it to my Macbook and my music library is 99% 16/44.1 so maybe not worth the upgrade IMO.
99% of mine is 16/44 also to me it was worth it .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back