DAC optimised for 16/44 redbook instead of super High-res or DSD
Apr 10, 2015 at 5:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

bmichels

Headphoneus Supremus
This may be against the curent high-res trend, but for some reasons I need to change my strategy ! 

Indeed, I just bought from a friend of mine who is an audiophile/opera fanatic a lot of 2500 rare classical CD  
biggrin.gif
.  This was  unexpected but now... I have a loooong ripping job to do 
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, this change my focus from HighRes to redbook.  Indeed, now I need to find a system that can really provide it's BEST SQ out of 16/44 rather than a DAC that need super high resolution or DSD to be at it's best !

I have the hUGO and I am testing now the DP-777SE, and I am looking for other suggestion for a 16/44 champion ?    I heard about the Berkeley reference serie as a 16/44 champ, but it is not imported in Europe due to lack of RoHS certification.   Does the NAGRA HD DAC be a 16/44 champ or rather a DSD champ ?   other suggestions ???

(same thing apply to the Music server: I do not want to mess with NAS, so I was investigating ARIES or AURENDER (with USB HD), but now I look instead toward Antipode DX & the Baetis Server rather than ARIES or Aurender because of their built-in ripping possibility.  Any other suggestion for  Music Server PLUS ripper  )

thanks in advance

Apr 10, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #2 of 2

hodgjy

Headphoneus Supremus
I've reading nothing but praise for the Schiit Yggy.  The R2R hybrid converter is getting everything it can out of 16/44.1 PCM files.

Users who are viewing this thread