DAC for PC and different AMP's
Oct 30, 2008 at 2:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

nano

Head-Fier
Ok here it goes, im waiting for the P-51 Mustang to come out to go with my iPod, but i would also like to use it with a DAC and my PC.

I have heard rumors about the Pico DAC only, witch sounds very interesting.
But then again, if i want speakers later on (nothing to fancy, just a decent setup) would a small Pico DAC be enough for a "full blood" AMP (for speakers not headphones)?

I am currently running some half crappy Z4's.

Bear with me for being a newbi, and for (maby) not being able to respond to this thread for long periods of time, but anyways fire away.
wink.gif

EDIT: Or maby just a Predator or Pico AMP/DAC, i just like the Mustang size alot for portable use.

Oct 31, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #2 of 3
Have been looking around a bit now, and wanted a second opinion ont a Devilsound DAC & RSA P51 Mustang combo.

As you see i want a very very compact but still good quality setup that does not cost a fortune.

Oct 31, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #3 of 3
There have been several positive impressions on the Devilsound - just do a search.

Depending on the difference in resolution/quality between good headphones and good speakers, if a DAC is good enough (the lineout quality is worth amplifying) for a headphone amp, it will be good enough for a speaker amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back