DAC for Little Dot MKV -> HD600
Dec 28, 2008 at 8:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

sirmasterboy

New Head-Fier
I'm using my computer/laptop as a source for my sound and I assume I need a decent DAC to get my FLAC into a Little Dot MKV.

What would be the cheapest DAC that will balance quality with a Little Dot MKV and HD600 cans?

I would prefer a USB DAC or else I can't use my laptop and cheaper would be better but I don't want it to be so cheap that it wastes the power of the Little Dot MKV or HD600.

Thanks

Dec 28, 2008 at 1:45 PM Post #3 of 10
Yeah do consider that Keces. Also look into the Musical Fidelity V-DAC and -if you're in the UK- the Cambridge Audio DacMagic.

The V-DAC looks really promising. It's better than the DacMagic according to some and an incredible bargain.

Dec 28, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by KevM2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does that thing compare to an EMU 0404?

I'd like to hear an answer to this one as well. I have the E-MU and a LD MKIV. Am I hearing the 'full potential' of the MKIV with this kind of DAC? I've read reviews saying that the 0404 competes with some DACs three times as expensive as it. How far is that from the truth?

Dec 29, 2008 at 1:57 AM Post #8 of 10
Im running a KingRex UD-01 with PSU through my MKV and its a great sound
smily_headphones1.gif

Recently read that the UD-01/PSU combo out did the DACmagic.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/re...01-psu-391485/

All in all i know this could be nonsense, as i have yet to hear the DACmagic..

Dec 29, 2008 at 4:57 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverShadow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like to hear an answer to this one as well. I have the E-MU and a LD MKIV. Am I hearing the 'full potential' of the MKIV with this kind of DAC? I've read reviews saying that the 0404 competes with some DACs three times as expensive as it. How far is that from the truth?

I believe the E-MU is more utilitarian and is not meant to be an audiophile device. The Keces is designed to give maximum sound quality at a certain price point.

Dec 29, 2008 at 12:36 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe the E-MU is a more utilitarian and is not meant to be an audiophile device. The Keces is designed to give maximum sound quality at a certain price point.

Thanks! It doesn't look like I'm going to upgrade anything in the foreseeable future (broke...
redface.gif
), but looking at the price tag, KECES is definately a piece of gear I might look into next time I'm upgrading my system.
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back