DAC/Amp with out USB. Anything out there?
Oct 21, 2008 at 3:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nwilliams

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a DAC/headphone amp combo that doesn't connect to the computer via USB. Ultimatly I'd like to find something with toslink inputs (optical) so it can interface with the optical outputs of my Macbook Pro. I use iTunes to listen to music but also use this laptop as a composing tool when on the road using Logic Pro software. This software can be a little problematic with audio drivers so I'd rather bypass the USB interface all together anduse the built in digital audio ports.

Anything out there that's a standalone DAC with digital inputs, headphone amp and portable in size?

Oct 21, 2008 at 5:02 AM Post #2 of 4
Oct 21, 2008 at 1:17 PM Post #3 of 4
Not many to choose. iBasso is making new dac/amp called D10 which should have optical input. They said to me that they need atleast 2 months to develop it so not much info available. I might ask them if they would tell the specs of it.

Oct 21, 2008 at 2:27 PM Post #4 of 4
Yes the D1 is really great, I have used it for a year optical out from a Sony PCDP but now prefer the total sound of the RudiStor XJ-03 so the D1 is now serving duty as usb dac feeding my Boston Accoustics powered computer speakers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back