DAC+AMP Recommendations!
May 10, 2012 at 7:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

New Head-Fier
Hello, 
smile.gif

So, today brought me a long time elected Sennheiser HD 215:

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/private_headphones_dj-h...nes-hd-215

I thought that now I listen to a better sound quality.. BUT NO.. I think this is my PC (Desktop) is to blame. 7 years. Very old, faulty PSU, Motherboard (etc) do not support the new sound technology standards. When I listen through, there is absolutely no bass, just dirty stereo, buzz, music plays softly. Motherboard just as my PC is old, the sound is integrated (Realtek), bad quality. Settings do not change anything. I'm a producer. I make a music. I love music! Listen to music very much and I want to listen to really good quality. This is going to want to get the DAC+AMP and submit untreated digital audio signal. I want cheaper DAC+AMP. I can't spend more than 120[size=small]$[/size]. But with a such characteristics: 8 channels, 192KHz, 24bit, a lot of SNR and with S/PDIF support. I'm waiting on a proposal, recommendations, advice and opinions. 
smile.gif

Sorry for my poor English. 
frown.gif

May 11, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #2 of 3
The Graham Slee "Voyager" is a very nice portable headphone amp. at a reasonable price (I have one myself).

Oops!  -  Sorry, just realised you want a DAC as well - the above is only a headphone amp.

May 18, 2012 at 4:48 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
 I want cheaper DAC+AMP. I can't spend more than 120[size=small]$[/size]. But with a such characteristics: 8 channels, 192KHz, 24bit, a lot of SNR and with S/PDIF support. I'm waiting on a proposal, recommendations, advice and opinions. 
smile.gif

I see no one has come back with an answer to this.

Basically I think it's because it's not possible at your price point.

I would expect to pay between £500 to £1,000 for such a device (I was paying more than that 10 years ago!)

Probably your best bet at reasonable cost would be to get a Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 if you need the 8-channel option.

You need a Firewire slot on your computer - if you computer does not have one, then get a PCMCIA card or slot-in card with a Firewire port (make sure it has the TI chops).

I hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back