DAC/AMP for $350 AUD Max
Feb 6, 2010 at 12:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

TrumpOrMonkey

100+ Head-Fier
Hello.

I'm looking to get a DAC/AMP that has a coaxial digital input and any analog output so I can use an amp with it.. it also has to be much better at being a DAC than being an Amp. This is because I'm going to get a Little Dot MKV later on and the headphone input of this will just be a substitute until then.

I will be using a Denon D2000 with these.

I was thinking a Beresford TC-7520, which I can get for 300AUD delivered, but I'm not so sure.

Feb 6, 2010 at 1:20 PM Post #2 of 29
I think I posted this in the wrong section...

Would this thread be better off in the computer audio section??

Feb 7, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #5 of 29
That looks good, although, will it work with australian 240volt plugs?

Feb 7, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #6 of 29
Get the Beresford TC7250 its a great DAC and the headphone amp in it isn't too shabby either.

Feb 7, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #8 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by tisb0b /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get the Beresford TC7250 its a great DAC and the headphone amp in it isn't too shabby either.

Sounds good, what's good is I can order it from an Australian online store and it will come with Australian plugs, but will it be able to drive a 25ohm headphone (Denon D2000)?

Feb 7, 2010 at 5:04 AM Post #10 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrumpOrMonkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds good, what's good is I can order it from an Australian online store and it will come with Australian plugs, but will it be able to drive a 25ohm headphone (Denon D2000)?

It drives my Pro900's on par with my corda swing.

Feb 7, 2010 at 5:25 AM Post #12 of 29
As I've stated before, DON'T BUY THE BERESFORD. He is a liar and a cheat, he insulted this forum and its members, signed up under multiple accounts to shill about how great his product is, etc. In short, don't buy it.

I have the D1 and I love it. YES it has switchable voltage for 220v.

Feb 7, 2010 at 5:59 AM Post #13 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigCW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I've stated before, DON'T BUY THE BERESFORD. He is a liar and a cheat, he insulted this forum and its members, signed up under multiple accounts to shill about how great his product is, etc. In short, don't buy it.

Have you tried the Beresford TC-7250?

Feb 8, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #14 of 29
Did you read the post? No, I did not try the Beresford. However, I do not trust him at all. He's lied, cheated, and insulted the members of his forum, and his previous product was simply a rebrand of a cheap Taiwanese DAC with a cMoy output. It doesn't matter what his amps sound like, really. He's a liar.

Feb 8, 2010 at 11:05 AM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigCW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you read the post? No, I did not try the Beresford. However, I do not trust him at all. He's lied, cheated, and insulted the members of his forum, and his previous product was simply a rebrand of a cheap Taiwanese DAC with a cMoy output. It doesn't matter what his amps sound like, really. He's a liar.

Most of what you say is probably true but they are not rebranded. I have communicated with the Taiwanese manufacturer, they make them for him and sell some under their own name.

If you going to keep posting like this please make sure of your facts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back