DAC+Amp below $300 that's an upgrade over M-Audio Audiophile 2496
Mar 29, 2011 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Koei

100+ Head-Fier
I have an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 soundcard that I have hooked up to my Marantz PM-16+Scan Speak Reference Monitors (DIY). I use the Marantz as headphone amp for games, I don't actually listen to music on my headphones at home, but its headphone out is kinda broken and has some static on it. So I'm looking for a headphone amp + dac (in 1 box) that is an improvement in the DAC section compared to my soundcard to improve my speaker setup and allows me to plug in some headphones. My headphones aren't hard to drive (HD-25) and the sound quality of the amp isn't really an issue since I will mostly use it for gaming.

Apr 1, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #2 of 2
http://www.nuforce.com/hp/products/iconhd/index.php

Little over budget, I've enjoyed my NuForce products (except the Mobile, bleh). DAC & Amp all in one, and it's sexy to boot.

Quote:
I have an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 soundcard that I have hooked up to my Marantz PM-16+Scan Speak Reference Monitors (DIY). I use the Marantz as headphone amp for games, I don't actually listen to music on my headphones at home, but its headphone out is kinda broken and has some static on it. So I'm looking for a headphone amp + dac (in 1 box) that is an improvement in the DAC section compared to my soundcard to improve my speaker setup and allows me to plug in some headphones. My headphones aren't hard to drive (HD-25) and the sound quality of the amp isn't really an issue since I will mostly use it for gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back