D5000 owners - can you do me a favour?
Nov 22, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuikkanen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, can't give any answers but that's interesting sounding music. What's the name of the artist(s).

First one is Fourward, second one is D'azoo at night - great drum n bass, and electro house.

Sound good on your cans?
beyersmile.png

Nov 22, 2008 at 2:06 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jack667 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First one is Fourward, second one is D'azoo at night - great drum n bass, and electro house.

Sound good on your cans?
beyersmile.png

Yeah, they do. At least to my ear they sound fine.
But I'm listening them with dt-880 03's which are not known as bass-heavy phones, so I can't say anything about how the Denons suit for them.

But thanks for the info on the artists.

Nov 22, 2008 at 2:08 PM Post #7 of 11
I've never had my (modded) D5000s sound bloaty, ever. If they are less than very well amped, then the bass is a little lacking in control. If you find the bass on the D5000 bloated at all, it would be the cups and casing vibrating along with the bass, which is fixed with the Markl mod (see my sig for the link).

Nov 22, 2008 at 2:38 PM Post #8 of 11
Nice music and I don't find my D5000's bass bloated at all. From my memory these have less bass than my friend's D2000's or D7000's. Mind you that I have only about 60h on my D5000's so the burn-in isn't finished yet.

Nov 22, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #9 of 11
Thanks for your quick and informative replies.

I remember hearing my Audio technica M50s for the first time and thinking the bass was well overblown, but I do believe a little bit of burn in for the can and your ears to adjust changes everything.

Now I don't find them bass-heavy at all.. perhaps even a little light.

Thanks a lot all, looks like I'm going to be the proud owner of a pair of D5000s
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Nov 22, 2008 at 8:09 PM Post #11 of 11
Sorry I don't have the D5000, but I do have the D2000, and I'll give a few words:
This kind of music really brings out the whopping bass of my D2000, it's not really fit for my tastes, I rarely listen to these genres, but I did a comparison with my HD 650 and D2000, using the more bass heavy EQ settings that I've made for rock to place some emphasis on the lows. The HD 650 sounded honest, moving, warm, but the D2000 were a bit overblown in their lows. I switched to flat EQ settings and tried the higher impedance socket of my amp, and found these songs to be very enjoyable with the D2000, nicely clear, clean woof woof
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back