d311 battery replacement
Apr 14, 2004 at 10:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

boodi

Headphoneus Supremus
HI . I need to buy a sony pdcp d311 rechargeable battery ...
Where should i look for ?
Duncan ?
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW this newly arrived in my hand old pdcp is good as the boards is saying

PS I'd like also to get a 6v adaptor for car to make my new gift play longer when in my car .

Apr 15, 2004 at 7:09 AM Post #3 of 14
I've got one here as it goes...

Seemed to hold a good charge (at least while the D311 worked)... If I remember, when I get back home, i'll let you know the part number, and see if I can find any online shops that still stock them

smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 15, 2004 at 1:05 PM Post #4 of 14
If I remember correctly it is the BP-5. Sony doesn't sell them so it will be a tough one to find.

Do you have the external AA battery case? If you don't that will allow you to use 2 AA batteries and would be a good (and probably much cheaper) alternative to finding a working BP-5.

The AA battery case should be available from Sony or Parts Express.

Apr 15, 2004 at 1:40 PM Post #5 of 14
I can confirm that's BP-5, I just checked my SONY Discman catalog 1992.

How about the model no. of the battery case? I wonder if EBP-8 fits D321, and it's not listed in the catalog.

btw, anyone need that stuff? I can put them up in my gallery..

Apr 15, 2004 at 6:37 PM Post #6 of 14
No, the D311 battery case doesn't fit on the D321, its a comletely different attachment design.

Apr 16, 2004 at 6:23 PM Post #8 of 14
yep I'll wait for duncan info about battery - i run the 311 with the external battery pack.

[size=xx-small]
BTW I'm listening to my just arrived D303

chain ( portable -and home ...
frown.gif
) is d303 - burr brown total airhead 2004 - Beyer dt531 clear and revealing soundstage , not very bass extended though for my taste ...

311 for me give better overall result with the TA2004 ,
now i want to try a larocco pocket ref. or a diy pimeta with both d303 and d311 ...
anyway ...not bad at all my actual portable chain ....
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm happy

I feel after i will have tried a phlilps pc az68xx and a denon 150 - if i get a chance - i'll keep one among them and leave the portable path to get into "home rig search and try" ... rather dispendious .. but now , after trying some source improvement ( from panasonic ct470 to d311 and to d303 ) and after trying some port. amp , I've learned that improvement changing elements in the chain are quite comparable to improvement changing and trying different class headphones ..I'll prob. sell out some portable stuff for one low-mid budget home chain (I am thinking of a gilmorev2 + some interconnects now , and also to a nad cdp soon ) [/size]

Apr 18, 2004 at 12:07 AM Post #9 of 14
Now that I've tried also the two cdp with the power adaptor , i must say both have improved and also that d 303 line out with amp best out the d311' one by a good margin. when powered with the power adaptor instead of batteries

Duncan :

now i have to get also the d303 battery ( both the players
came to me without internal battery )

I've got also slight problems playing some minor scratched cd audio or cd-r with d303..... why ?
the lens seems clear ..

Apr 18, 2004 at 7:31 AM Post #10 of 14
Boodi.

The D311 battery, the BP5, I cannot find any info online about it anywhere, it seems that it vanished.. never to be seen again... I guess i'll keep hold of mine just incase.

The D303 battery is the BP2EX as stock, of which you can find some lithium replacements around at certain websites... not sure of the technical differences in charging lead acid, and lithium, but it must be safe else it wouldn't be sold. Also, don't forget that there is the lever in the battery compartment so that you can put in standard AA batteries instead
smily_headphones1.gif

As to the skipping... is it at about the same place each time... say 5 minutes from the start of the CD... 7 minutes etc etc... could well be some grime on the pickup arm... try (if using the line out) putting the player down sideways so that the headphone output is facing downwards... does that help?

Cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 8:53 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan
. Also, don't forget that there is the lever in the battery compartment so that you can put in standard AA batteries instead
smily_headphones1.gif

As to the skipping... is it at about the same place each time... say 5 minutes from the start of the CD... 7 minutes etc etc... could well be some grime on the pickup arm... try (if using the line out) putting the player down sideways so that the headphone output is facing downwards... does that help?

Cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

THanks..
the skippipng problem is more a general "picky attitude" of the player towards cd-r and scratched cd-audio ...
anyway one moving the player in vetical position it skips less...

Apr 18, 2004 at 3:10 PM Post #12 of 14
Boodi.

I guess it could be a focusing problem, but so long as 'normal', unscratched CDs work okay, I probably personally wouldn't start messing with the pots inside the D303.

Apr 23, 2004 at 9:48 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan
Boodi.

I guess it could be a focusing problem, but so long as 'normal', unscratched CDs work okay, I probably personally wouldn't start messing with the pots inside the D303.

duncan i found it's the d303 that's a picky pdcp .

Anyway ...it's very good from the line out - i've stopped searching for the denon 150 now
smily_headphones1.gif

what portable amp should i pair it with ?
i found the burr brown Total Airhead 2004 to be a good one , but not a definitive choice ...a step over the pc2 and the std. TA
Have you experience with something else ?

Apr 23, 2004 at 11:00 PM Post #14 of 14
Boodi...

I'd personally recommend something with a Burr Brown op-amp setup, as AD (to me at least) would then be way too bright, and too analytical with the bright (cleear), and analytical D303

Users who are viewing this thread

Back