D2 vs. Zen
Dec 18, 2007 at 9:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rockbottom

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone done a direct comparison on these 2 players and can lend their opinion on this one?

Right now I'm contemplating between the 2 players.

Between my ZVM and my X5L, I prefer the sound of my X5L, but the ZVM line-out was also very clean, and I'd say that the Creative sound is still pretty darn good to my ears. However, I greatly prefer the UI (especially the ID3 tag browsing) of the ZVM and I would expect the Zen to be pretty similar. I was gonna pull the trigger on the Zen, but the SD card integration has stopped me from doing so.

Also, is it possible to use the D2 without looking at it? i know it's got dedicated volume controls, the only other functionality that I can think of would be just next and prev track.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

Dec 18, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #2 of 3
I have the D2. I haven't had my hands on the new Zen so Im afraid I can't compare the two. However, I can tell you a little about the D2. It's not great for operating in your pocket. You can turn the volume up and down and skip a track etc using the real buttons on top. I know some say they are comfortable with using the screen too...I'd say forget about it! The SD integration works sweet. All in all I am so pleased with it that I'd go with it again should it break or get lost. Good luck!

Dec 19, 2007 at 12:48 PM Post #3 of 3
At the time I looked at the ZEN (2 mos ago) it had some problems integrating with the SD card. I bought a D2 and love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back