D2 FLAC issue
Jul 15, 2008 at 5:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

boggle

New Head-Fier
I recently acquired a second hand Cowon D2 expressly for the purpose of being able to play the many FLAC files that I have without the need to recode as mp3. I have encountered an issue where the D2 will play some but not others. I can point to the files that won't play in the D2 directory (Music Library?) but when I try to play them it skips past them to the ones it can play, and plays them - weird! Anyone had any similar dramas? The player has firmware version 3.57.

Jul 15, 2008 at 6:00 AM Post #2 of 8
I can play FLAC files on mine with no problems at all. Using firmware 2.57 also.

I did have a lot of problems with .ogg files for a while... the player doesn't seem to like MTP transfer mode with .oggs. Maybe you are having a similar problem?

Good luck!
Paul

Jul 15, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #3 of 8
i have the exact same problem, all my flac files play except from one album. Suede-Singles. not sure whats so special about these music files but it wont play, and i havnt found a solution yet. i might update to 3.57 to see if that helps, but as of right now, i am pretty dissapointed about this.

Jul 16, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #5 of 8
Thanks for the responses guys - I'd be pretty disappointed if id3 tags caused problems! I'll keep playing around and post my findings here. I would really love a high quality FLAC playing dap that just works when the files are stored in directories - what could be simpler!! I was hoping the D2 would be the one, maybe I need to continue my search...

Jul 16, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #6 of 8
Don't know what else to tell you boggle, I never had any problem playing any of my flac files or ogg files....I had some tag issues with both but that was my own fault...have long gotten that straightened out though.

Hope you find out what the problem is.

In the mean time if you haven't tried this site here is the link:

Cowon D2 - iAudiophile.net Forums

Jul 16, 2008 at 6:58 AM Post #7 of 8
I don't know if it is possible to add ID3 tags to FLAC files... but if it is, make sure you don't have any.

To store info about FLAC files you need to use APE tags (not ID3). That may cause an issue.

Paul

Jul 16, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #8 of 8
Yes, it's entirely possible. You can use Mp3tag, which should allow you to create readable ID3 tags.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spadge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if it is possible to add ID3 tags to FLAC files... but if it is, make sure you don't have any.

To store info about FLAC files you need to use APE tags (not ID3). That may cause an issue.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back