D2-Boa problem - where to get replacement battery?
Apr 26, 2013 at 5:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

beneix

New Head-Fier
I have tried to search for other posts on this but not found any.

I have had a D2-Boa since early 2009. It only sees occasional use, either on the go or next to my laptop.

Suddenly the other day when I took it out to use it, it wouldn't switch on.  I was surprised since this has never happened before.  I put it to charge.  A few minutes later, I could start it.  I used it and let it get a full charge (until the charging light went off).  Then I used it on battery for an hour or so and turned it off.

The next day, again it was dead.  This time it would not charge. After switching the amp on and off a couple of times, suddenly it did start charging, but only while the amp was on.  Again I let it get a full charge.  I then used it on battery (plugged in to USB but wit the charging switch off) for at least seven hours.

A couple of days later and I try to use it -- it's dead again.  This time, it charges "fine" but even after an hour it wouldn't turn on.  Fiddling with it while writing this post, about 2 hours after I started charging it, it suddenly works again.

So my suspicion is that the battery needs replacing.  I have sent iBasso an email a week ago but not had any reply.  I am based in the UK -- does anyone know where I can get hold of the 4.2V, 470mAh Li-Poly battery that I need?  I can only find stuff on alibaba when I Google for those specs, nothing in the US or Europe.

Oh, and if anyone can show me how to get better search results on the forum, please do. I searched for iBasso D2-Boa battery, D2-Boa battery replacement, D2-Boa "battery replacement", etc.

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #2 of 5
hi,

besides that it´s a 1s Lipo you don´t need to find the exact 470mAh that are rated ( just something in that region +/-50mAh, so the charging circuit works as before ) but you will need to find the same form factor, so it fits inside the case.

http://hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/uh_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=86&LiPoConfig=1&sortlist=&CatSortOrder=desc

i did alot of RC planes and cars and this site sells cheap/good-deal lipo stuff.. shure you need to solder the connecters, but it should work just fine... you don´t need the "high-end" 60C rated stuff, because the current draw from the ibasso is next to nothing compared to a rc plane for example.

cheers

Apr 26, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Great link, thanks a lot.  It's just that all these batteries (OK, so I haven't clicked through to ALL of them) seem to be 3.7V rather than 4.2V.  That is quite a difference so I'm just not convinced it would work.

In fact, when I started looking for batteries I found loads of 3.7V batteries available in the UK and Europe, but it's the 4.2V that seems to make it rare -- not the capacity.

Apr 27, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Great link, thanks a lot.  It's just that all these batteries (OK, so I haven't clicked through to ALL of them) seem to be 3.7V rather than 4.2V.  That is quite a difference so I'm just not convinced it would work.

hehe.. no, these are the same batteries... 1s lipo gives 3,7volt under load and 4,2volt without load... just a rare writing for consumer  goods with a very low current draw (that´s why you haven´t found alot, but these things are standardized)

but good news with ibasso..

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back