D-JAYS, S-JAYS and shure se210?
Jan 24, 2009 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

biscuiterietraou

New Head-Fier
hi, im new here and to the whole portable audio scene. bought a pair of shure se210s two months ago without really knowing what i was doing and i feel that the bass is really lacking and i hate the loop-over-the-ear part; its so troublesome to put them on on the train! i've been trying to find review's of the D-JAYS online, is anyone able to compare the sound of the D-JAYS or any other JAYS to the shures? i like the coloured mids of the shures and a bit more bass (not too overpowering though).

Jan 24, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #2 of 50
cant help with the jays as ive not heard them and not overly familiar with them but with the se210, to make it easyer to put them in on the train bring them round ur ear first then insert them, make it much easyer, and to get more bass out of them buy a cheap little fiio amp.

welcome to the site and sorry about your wallet

Jan 25, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #5 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well i dont see much but here is this in case you havent worked how to use the search on here properly yet Jays thread search

This will not work for anyone except you and your current web session. So this link is useless for anyone except you at the moment of creating it.

As for the S-Jays. I wrote few words about them here:

CLICK

Unfortunatelly, I didn't have the occasion to compare them to the Shures. But S-Jays are very good headphones if you can boost a little treble on your EQ (as long as you like a lot of trebles like me).

Jan 25, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #7 of 50
To be honest, the best way to wear earphones is over the ear, for a couple reasons, when you want to listen to someone, you can just pop them out and they hang over your ear so they don't dangle and you have to go looking for them again after the convo, or it might have the chance of getting all tangled up. Second, it reduces microphonics (the sound of the cable when it wiggles around or rubs against something that you can hear through your earphone), you could wear the shure se210 like normal earphones if you want, shure says you can. But it's recommended that you wear them over the ear as there's a lot of up sides to it. The d-jays and s-jays are recommended to wear over the ear too, but you could also wear them straight down instead.

If you find the lows/bass on the Se210's lacking, then you might want to look at the s-jays. the mids and highs aren't as good as the se210, but the bass and low mids are definitely there is you prefer that. the d-jays are on the brighter side and are analytical earphones like the se210. So s-jays, i would also recommend the westone um1 if you get used to the over the ear design. To be honest, at the $100 range, the Westone Um1's are in my opinion, the best earphones you can get. If you don't mind waiting a bit, shure is coming out with a new IEm, called the Se115, which is a drastically improved version of the Se110. it won best of show at CES 2009, and was said the lows are more refined, and powerful.

Hope that helped a bit! and GOod luck!

Jan 25, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #8 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuiterietraou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks man. anyone can tell me more about the jays? cant find much about them online.

Ask we anything about jays, i own every single model =) you name it, j-jays,d-jays, s-jays, q-jays, c-jays you ask what you want. XD

Jan 25, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #9 of 50
Quote:

hi, im new here and to the whole portable audio scene. bought a pair of shure se210s two months ago without really knowing what i was doing and i feel that the bass is really lacking and i hate the loop-over-the-ear part; its so troublesome to put them on on the train! i've been trying to find review's of the D-JAYS online, is anyone able to compare the sound of the D-JAYS or any other JAYS to the shures? i like the coloured mids of the shures and a bit more bass (not too overpowering though).

You want a solid canal phone for $50 in a quality IEM? Check out the NuForce threads (7s are not over the ear). Much better performance than any other comparably priced canal phone. Not sure how easy they are to get outside the U.S. But just read the NuForce 7 threads.

Jan 25, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #10 of 50
By the way, mark is right. Use the Silicone tips instead of the foam if you don't mind, as the silicone makes putting it in THAT much faster. Secondly you want to adjust the cable management slider to the level that you feel comfortable with, so move it a bit closer up to your chin, it doesn't have to be tight up against your chin, but move it a bit closer, it'll make putting in your earphones a lot easier. next, grasp the right earphone with your right hand, bring it behind and over the ear, point and touch the silicone tip to the ear canal, and then push the earphone while you twist your wrist away from you. and the silicone tip rocks into your ear canal, then grab the back of your ear with your thumb on the back and index in front, then turn your hand inwards so that the fleshy part of your index finger pushes the earphone into the inner part of your ear.

That is how i put my se530's and my other in ear earphones in, so i hope that helped you on putting in your earphone! by the way, do your left earphone with your left hand, it's much easier.

GOOD LUCK!

Jan 26, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #11 of 50
I think your interested in the Klipsch image X10, without even knowing.

Jan 26, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #12 of 50
I don't get what the big deal is about iems being "not over the ear." It's not really too hard to put non over the ears...over your ears. I've done it with several models and while it doesn't always stay in place perfectly it works well enough I don't think the IEM has to be specifically made for it. I think people really always have two options.

Jan 26, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #13 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You want a solid canal phone for $50 in a quality IEM? Check out the NuForce threads (7s are not over the ear). Much better performance than any other comparably priced canal phone. Not sure how easy they are to get outside the U.S. But just read the NuForce 7 threads.

I have the D-Jays and had the Ne-7M for a while. The D-Jays I liked a lot better.

Jan 26, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #14 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ask we anything about jays, i own every single model =) you name it, j-jays,d-jays, s-jays, q-jays, c-jays you ask what you want. XD

biggrin.gif
what are the sound signatures of the d-jays and q-jays like? im looking at something with which i can hear lots of treble esp. cymbals, but still doesnt lack punch. and i heard something about the filter on the q-jays needing constant replacement... what does that mean? thanks!

i havent heard the jays, but i love their looks! (is that a heretic thing to say here)

Jan 26, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #15 of 50
Quote:

biggrin.gif
what are the sound signatures of the d-jays and q-jays like? im looking at something with which i can hear lots of treble esp. cymbals, but still doesnt lack punch. and i heard something about the filter on the q-jays needing constant replacement... what does that mean? thanks!

i havent heard the jays, but i love their looks! (is that a heretic thing to say here)

q-jays would fit you perfectly then. The filters don't need constant replacement, it's just a lot of peple don't keep their ears clean enough, listen to them straight after shower, and gets the filters wet, and livei n a very humid enviroment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back