D-777 Going Cheap
Sep 15, 2006 at 8:04 PM Post #2 of 17
81 dollars for an old CD player? Am I missing something?
blink.gif

Sep 15, 2006 at 9:06 PM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirtySixBelow
81 dollars for an old CD player? Am I missing something?
blink.gif

Yup, its one of the better players that Sony made, and has a relatively useable anti-shock, all in all a pretty great unit
biggrin.gif

Sep 16, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by lumanogin
Thanks for posting what I was watching Ice...
rolleyes.gif

All good. Hopefully another Head-fi'er snagged it.

LOL, what we both were watching. I got cranky when I first saw that post but now I realize that not much goes unnoticed anymore.
plainface.gif

Sep 17, 2006 at 1:07 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Nine
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Discman-CD-...QQcmdZViewItem

I have nothing to do with this auction but just figured many people would like a shot at this player. It's kind of hidden in the list when searching for "Discmans".

I was bidding on that you know. It's all because of you I lost the auction. How would you like it if I or someone posted a auction you were bidding on, on head-fi?

Sep 17, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #8 of 17
I wonder if people post auctions on head-fi that they'd like to bid on but don't really want to spend for, so they post it here so that the price balloons beyond what they could afford and they don't feel as though they lost a good deal to someone else :p

Sep 17, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omari149
I was bidding on that you know. It's all because of you I lost the auction. How would you like it if I or someone posted a auction you were bidding on, on head-fi?

it looks like you bid a minute and a half before the auction ended though. Can't win to many auctions doing that. You gave the winning bidder plently of time to make a bid.

Sep 17, 2006 at 7:11 AM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by duff138
it looks like you bid a minute and a half before the auction ended though. Can't win to many auctions doing that. You gave the winning bidder plently of time to make a bid.

He could be on dial up or bidding from a phone. Plenty of times I haven't been near a computer and have had to bid from my Treo.

I was pissed when I saw this thread too. I didn't post until it was over, so as not to bump the thread.
tongue.gif
I sometimes wonder why people post these auctions if they have no intention of bidding. Why ruin someone's chances to get a good deal? One PCDP collector a few months back, who shall remain nameless, used to pull the same tricks just out of spite, claiming he acted for the good of the community.
rolleyes.gif

One of the CDP's I've yet to try that I've always wanted to.

Sep 17, 2006 at 8:25 AM Post #11 of 17
Eh, D-777 is OK. Don't sweat it too much, luma
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 17, 2006 at 3:31 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by duff138

1 1/2 minutes? 1 1/2 hours so far as I can see...

I certainly wouldn't blame the OP for this, 1 1/2 hours is a long time in anyones book, was it definitely a head-fier that won this, if not then it really is nothing to do with the OP in this instance (extra especially if two other people said that they had their eyes on this auction)...

...Not playing devils advocate, just saying that it might not be as clear cut as it seems
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 17, 2006 at 9:43 PM Post #13 of 17
I watched it until the end and put in a bid seconds too late. On things like this i bid at the very last moment possible. I win some and lose some. My final bid would have been a bit too low (around $100.00). There was no way this was going to go for under $90.00 whether I mentioned it or not.

Sep 17, 2006 at 9:48 PM Post #14 of 17
Another note, if it was sitting at that $30.oo range with minutes left I would have at least bid up to $90.00. Look at the first bid, he would have snatched it up for a price withing reason if nobody had noticed it. I've lost a ton of auctions to him, he likes his PCDP's, lol.

Sep 17, 2006 at 10:00 PM Post #15 of 17
If you look at the history of the guy who won, he has been buying PCDP's left and right lately.

I'm sorry if I ticked anybody off, but when I saw Chris and the other guy bidding on it I knew there was no way this was slipping through the cracks and I would have never let it go for under a certain price. I don't mind competing with Head-Fi'ers on auctions but I also realize there are people that check Sony Discmans daily or multiple times a day. Again sorry to those I ticked off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back