D-35 Repair center?
Aug 8, 2002 at 2:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

arosenbaum

New Head-Fier
My D-35 (which I bought new a lifetime ago) only plays when it's held on it's side. The internal battery died long ago (although I have the AA adapter.) Can this get repaired? From reading the forums, it seems preferable to doing something else...

-Aaron
D-35--> Headroom Cosmic-->MDR-V6 (4S's stolen!)

Aug 9, 2002 at 3:22 AM Post #2 of 9
Follow the link below. I just discovered the same thing and sent off my D-515 to be repaired under the Flat-Rate Repair program.

http://www.sel.sony.com/service/plsql/rma.inquiry

BTW, I CAN'T WAIT for my D-515 to return, and for my new Grado 225s and my Tangent built META to arrive and.....well you get the idea.

Aug 9, 2002 at 3:42 AM Post #3 of 9
I want to get the lineout on my d555 fixed. That site is only for america though.
frown.gif

Can anyone help me out?

Biggie.

Aug 9, 2002 at 6:18 AM Post #4 of 9
Hi,
The link is invalid. Please, post again.

PUrk.

Biggie,
I may be able to help you by sending it there under my name. Let me know.

Aug 9, 2002 at 6:30 AM Post #5 of 9
Thanks for the kind offer purk. I made up a zip code so I could get a quote and its a $100 flat fee. Thats how much I paid for the player hehe. Its too pricey for me..

Biggie.

Aug 9, 2002 at 6:38 AM Post #6 of 9
biggie,
If you trust me...once I visit Bangkok during the Winter break, I'll take your d-555 to fix the line out problem for around 20 bucks.
They fixed my d-555 with the imbalance of headphone out for 10 dollars.

Purk

Aug 9, 2002 at 3:46 PM Post #8 of 9
Huh. The link works fine on my end. Not sure what the problem is, Purk.

Here's the Sony homepage in the US.

www.sel.sony.com

Go to the hompage then click (>) Service&Support>Electronics>Service, then click Service Locator/Online Repair Request. Each > indicates what you click on the new page. This will take you to the page mentioned. I believe this page is for the US only, though I could be mistaken.

Hope this helps.

Aug 9, 2002 at 4:45 PM Post #9 of 9
Hi,
The link works now.... The site was down last night, I guess.

Purk

99 dollars....seems to be reasonable, If the whole optical mechanism is damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back