Cynic - Traced in the Air
Oct 20, 2008 at 8:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

scytheavatar

Headphoneus Supremus
7 more days to the real metal album of the year (Death Magnetic? Haha
bigsmile_face.gif
). Who hasn't preordered your copy yet? Do so now, it's an awesome album. And head-fi should love it, cause its production values is top notch. Those of you who hated Focus should give this album a chance, and those who want only head-grinding death metal ALA Atheist should stay far away from this album. Cause it's very different from Focus.

Oct 23, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
7 more days to the real metal album of the year (Death Magnetic? Haha
bigsmile_face.gif
). Who hasn't preordered your copy yet? Do so now, it's an awesome album. And head-fi should love it, cause its production values is top notch. Those of you who hated Focus should give this album a chance, and those who want only head-grinding death metal ALA Atheist should stay far away from this album. Cause it's very different from Focus.

I am really looking foward to this album! Perhaps not for all fans of Focus, as you say, but unmistakenably Cynic. Love the few tracks I have heard so far.

Nov 4, 2008 at 10:04 AM Post #3 of 5
Just heard this. A few quick thoughts:

1) Great production
2) Definitely Cynic, but not Focus
3) This is the album Between the Buried and Me, Wolverine, every other Cynic wannabe band wishes they could make
4) Best tracks so far "Nunc Fluens", "Integral Birth", "Adam's Murmur"

Definitely on the top of 2008 list.

Dec 4, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #5 of 5
Album is pretty good, very good drumming, but recording quality is NOT. Its compressed, dynamics are all gone, I can hardly hear the bass guitar, the album clips all over the place. The ethereal sounding parts completely lack space and soundstage.

It just sounds flat, theres no punch, details are all mashed up, I could just go on and on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back