CyberLabs Solo
Feb 11, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #2 of 12

Jalo

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 18, 2007
Posts
3,415
Likes
856


Quote:
Does the solo support the iphone 4s?


Of course, they are a match made in heaven.  You will need to make sure the start sequence is right.  Start with iphone, then Solo, then Continental.  Sometimes you may need to turn off 4s and restart 4s again.
 
 
Feb 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #3 of 12

azynneo

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
May 1, 2011
Posts
1,081
Likes
57


Quote:
Of course, they are a match made in heaven.  You will need to make sure the start sequence is right.  Start with iphone, then Solo, then Continental.  Sometimes you may need to turn off 4s and restart 4s again.
 



that's what I was probably doing wrong, so connect phone via lod, restart 4s, turn on dac, then amp right?
 
Feb 11, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #6 of 12

Jalo

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 18, 2007
Posts
3,415
Likes
856
If I am you, try to do the usual problem solving route.
 
1. Make sure all three pieces have enough battery, otherwise charge them up first.
2.  Make sure all connections are secure and not loose or half in.
3.  Make sure you have the latest firmware on you 4s, if you have to update the 4s, make sure you restart the 4s after an update.
4.  Make sure you connect to the right line in/out, not to the coax out on the Solo for instance.
5.   If you still don't have sound, try to isolate the Solo out by connecting just the 4s via LOD to the Continental and see if there is          sound.  If there is still no sound, then the problem may be with either the 4s or the amp.  If you have another amp that you can connect to from the analog out of the Solo, try it,  If it works then it is you amp.  If it doesn't, then it may be the 4s or the Solo.  Then just connect the 4s to the second amp, if it works then, the problem is the Solo, if it doesn't work then the problem is the 4s or the LOD.
6.  After you try all of the above, go to sleep and call ALO in the morning.
 
Feb 11, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #7 of 12

azynneo

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
May 1, 2011
Posts
1,081
Likes
57


Quote:
If I am you, try to do the usual problem solving route.
 
1. Make sure all three pieces have enough battery, otherwise charge them up first.
2.  Make sure all connections are secure and not loose or half in.
3.  Make sure you have the latest firmware on you 4s, if you have to update the 4s, make sure you restart the 4s after an update.
4.  Make sure you connect to the right line in/out, not to the coax out on the Solo for instance.
5.   If you still don't have sound, try to isolate the Solo out by connecting just the 4s via LOD to the Continental and see if there is          sound.  If there is still no sound, then the problem may be with either the 4s or the amp.  If you have another amp that you can connect to from the analog out of the Solo, try it,  If it works then it is you amp.  If it doesn't, then it may be the 4s or the Solo.  Then just connect the 4s to the second amp, if it works then, the problem is the Solo, if it doesn't work then the problem is the 4s or the LOD.
6.  After you try all of the above, go to sleep and call ALO in the morning.

this is so frustrating, well the amp's light is orange the dac's light is solid green. what's even worse is tomorrow is saturday.
 
 
 
Feb 11, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #8 of 12

Jalo

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 18, 2007
Posts
3,415
Likes
856
ALO is open on Saturday.
 
Oct 31, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #10 of 12

bmichels

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 11, 2012
Posts
6,100
Likes
2,382
Location
France, Belgium and Morocco
Gentlemen,

I am interested in purchasinh the "AlgoRhythm Solo -dB + Rx Mk3" package to use it with my MacBook pro and also my Android Samsung galaxy S3 phone or note2 tablet/phone.

I understand that the AlgoRhythm Solo -dB support 24/194 from the Mac and 16/48 from an iDevice, but....

(1) will it work With a Samsung Android galaxy S3 or Note 2 phone ? And
(2) what will be the limitation bits/kHz with the Samsung Android phone ? Will it be better than the 16/48 when connected to an iPhone ?

Many tanks in advance for your reply

Bertrand
 
Jan 1, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #11 of 12

Aero Dynamik

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 2, 2011
Posts
1,064
Likes
200
Quote:
Gentlemen,

I am interested in purchasinh the "AlgoRhythm Solo -dB + Rx Mk3" package to use it with my MacBook pro and also my Android Samsung galaxy S3 phone or note2 tablet/phone.

I understand that the AlgoRhythm Solo -dB support 24/194 from the Mac and 16/48 from an iDevice, but....

(1) will it work With a Samsung Android galaxy S3 or Note 2 phone ? And
(2) what will be the limitation bits/kHz with the Samsung Android phone ? Will it be better than the 16/48 when connected to an iPhone ?

Many tanks in advance for your reply

Bertrand

I don't think it will work: "The USB input did not work with my Samsung Galaxy III phone". See this link.
 
Jan 1, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #12 of 12

bmichels

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 11, 2012
Posts
6,100
Likes
2,382
Location
France, Belgium and Morocco
Thanks. i also figured this since. therefore I got on pre-order for the HiFi-8 Centrance.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top